PDA

View Full Version : Heart worry

spacebunnyx
03-04-13, 10:36
Hi everyone,

I'm after some advice. I don't want anything sugar-coated, just looking for what a rational response to my situation should be.

On Sunday when I came in from outside (it was freezing), I had an extreme pain in my back (on the left middle). It then passed to my shoulder. It was very sharp and rapid lasting only a second or two. A couple of minutes later it happened again. I panicked.. thought it was a heart attack. I've had palps in the past (anxiety!) but never a pain like this.. it felt like it was "inside" rather than a muscular thing. I've felt fine since.

The next day (monday) I had my IVF egg collection and was wired up to an ecg for 20 mins.. no problems. I also had an ecg a month ago (before starting the ivf) no problems. I also had an echo which was fine.

I'm feeling quite anxious about this pain as its something I have never felt before. I'm 32, female and non-smoker.

What is the rational thing to do? Should I just forget about it and just get on with my life?

please help! Right now I should be relaxed and thinking about my little babies growing in a lab and soon (hopefully) to be put back in me, but instead I think I'm going to drop dead :weep:

Bickety
03-04-13, 11:50
Hey Space,

Things get pretty cramped in there just before EC, Could it be pressure on a nerve maybe from everything being pushed up due to enlarged ovaries?

I've had some real weird and wonderful pains when i've been cycling. Funnily enough, its the only time when I can be quite rational, put it down to IVF and move on!

Good luck x

panickyme
03-04-13, 12:17
Space bunny, I always worry about my heart also, and that is do to the weird pains that I get out of nowhere. You have been tested, and you are fine. It really can just be muscular, and you are going through a lot right now. Try real hard to concentrate on those little peanuts in the lab. Hope you feel better. :hugs:

scaniajess
03-04-13, 12:41
The chances of this pain, considering your so young, was related to your heart is 0.0000000%. Anything could cause pain like that including trapped wind or a pinched nerve :)

spacebunnyx
03-04-13, 14:01
Thank you so much for your replies. I'm just going to try to put it out of my mind I think. It just totally freaked me out! I try and think what the "average" person would do - they'd probably just shrug their shoulders and think nothing of it unless it was persistent - I go in to full-blown panic!!

xxx