PDA

View Full Version : newbie to site

aggiecuttler
03-04-13, 11:03
i decided to join the site as i am going out of mind, with panic and depression just want it to go away please:) started fluoxtine 23 days ago and still waiting for it to kick in fully i have been on these for years and stopped late last year but illness has caused me to need them again so i am waiting to feel normal again which i know will happen it will just be time i am also on other meds which do not help dex a steroid, effecting sleep so thats not helpful at all, any messages of hope with the fluoxtine kicking in would be so welcome right now, thanks

justbeachy
03-04-13, 12:39
Just wanted to say welcome. I don't have experience with fluoxitine (I'm on sertraline) but after a few weeks I started feeling a lot better. I hope it will kick in soon for you and you can get some relief!

Spot-the-frog
03-04-13, 12:56
I am new too and just wanted to say hi and welcome. I too am on fluoxetine and so far after 3 weeks no change. I spoke to my doctor today and he has suggested that I change to something else. I am seeing him tomorrow so will let you know what he says?
I know how you feel as I am in that dark place too and and am hoping and praying that things improve soon.

Kx

Mark13
03-04-13, 17:21
Hi. Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll benefit from being here, just as I have.

hopey
03-04-13, 17:56
Hi. I have been on "fluo" for 5 weeks now. Sunday was the best day I had. Monday not quite so good. This afternoon able to come on the
pc. I have been awful thinking I will never get there.
But hang on in there. you can do it.!!!:yesyes:

aggiecuttler
13-04-13, 14:18
i am about to reach the 5 week mark on monday and i am sure i am getting a kick in not fully but it is definately getting there, i am becoming me again phew did not think she was still there for a while these forums are so great when you are going through this waiting and watching its such a dark place sometimes but do have some light now