PDA

View Full Version : fluoxtine will work and make you feel like you

aggiecuttler
03-04-13, 11:11
i am currently waiting for fluoxtine 20mg to kick in day 23, but i wanted to say that i was taking these for many years and they are brilliant they kept me feeling like me and made life so much easier, so work through the tough phases like i am right now and they will do their amazing job, so good luck together we will face the depression and panic demon:whistles:

xtremx
03-04-13, 13:16
Hi,
I have just been given fluoxetine 20mg by my Doctor have yet to take a tablet going to wait until weekend as I will have someone home with me.

I have bad side effects with citalopram and sertraline. I hope this will be Different as it will part of a cocktail with pregabalin.

Your post give's me some hope thanks

aggiecuttler
05-04-13, 11:33
hi good idea to wait until you have someone with you, being alone is no fun and having the support is so important, once you start taking the meds just keep telling yourself that everyday you get closer to feeling like you again when you hit a low come on here and i will help you through, i am lucky i have a twin sister and she to is on ADs and she keeps telling me getting closer and it helps so much i am now on day 25 and i am feeling better already not quite 100 percent but getting there and its worth the crappy "danny downers" as i like to call them, i always hit a low in the afternoon at about 3 until 6 no idea why but i could feel a lifting after this time, good look day 1 is your first step and you will get there speak soon and keep posting :yesyes:

---------- Post added at 11:33 ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 ----------

oh forgot to mention some people seem to get tired i find it harder to have a full nights sleep so have some temazepam to help, but you may be lucky and feel more sleepy

aggiecuttler
07-04-13, 09:58
hi xtremx, was wondering if you have started your tablets, begining the journey is always the hardest part but once you are going you feel like you are making yourself better hope you are coping well and that you have company, if its anything like me i hated being on my own initially but that is getting better day 27 for me today, and i can now tolerate being by myself, are you a lady or man or would you prefer not to disclose, take care and keep posting if you have the inclination best wishes catherine

xtremx
11-04-13, 09:10
Hello Catherine.

I have yet to start them as waiting until next week as I will have someone home with me for 3 days. So it will hopefully take a little pressure of me and if like other anti ds I get a bad reaction I have someone to watch over me.
I have always tried to stay away from anti ds as I have really wanted to go down that road and with being a bloke I feel weak from all that has happened in the last 4 years to me (but they reckon I have been living with anxiety all my adult life). But I have a bad time coming up soon and that is the summer I'm strange I get GAD in the summer months (I long for winter to come again).

I will keep you up dated and I will try to post a diary on. I useless at that kind of think but I think it will help me understand the effect of the drug a little more.

Thanks Chris

aggiecuttler
13-04-13, 14:12
hi chris bummer about the summer months i long for the sunshine, good luck when you begin taking the tablets, its always reassuring to have company there may be by now you have started them, i am now coming up to 5 weeks on fluoxtine and they are kicking in phew