PDA

View Full Version : still no sleep on Diazepam

gregcool
04-04-13, 14:51
Had 10mg last night at 10pm..must have fell into sleep before 10.30pm..my sister and hubby do not goto bed untill 11.30pm and the tv can be heard fro in my room..So im slerling at 10.30pm..But still i woke at 3am and struggled ro go back..it seems i wake at this rediculus time regardless to the time i goto bed..so it seems whever i want to or not,i have to goto bed early..any sugestions on this..and what is going to happen when i stop these tablsts..then how will i sleep..i was allways suffering with Insomnia for the last year now...just want to try and find a way out of this loop.i think i cpuld tackle life better of i wasnt looking at my room and wondering if im going to wake up at some silly time.

Annie0904
04-04-13, 14:55
I was the same, going to bed at 10:30 and waking about 3am (that is if I ever got to sleep) Now I try to stay up longer, maybe 11:30 and I am finding I am sleeping longer. I was really hoping you would do better with the diazepam :(

ricardo
04-04-13, 15:00
Hi Greg

If you suffer from insomnia for the past year and your mind is racing most probably through your anxiety, it would be difficult to fall asleep and diazepam is more of a relexant than a sleeping pill. I take them myself.
I would have a word with your GP and he might be able to give you a sleeping pill at least as a short term measure and still take the diazepam but perhaps at a different time.

gregcool
04-04-13, 21:23
Ricardo..i have been taking tamazapan for nearly 2 weeks now.but just switched to diazapam..how long can you take these things..my mum and dad have been on them tamazapam for years every night..wat yku think o should do..my doc said diazapam is a relaxent and will aid sleep..so im getting really confused with these to meds and how long you can be on them etc

Annie0904
04-04-13, 21:46
I take Diazepam when I need help sleeping and it usually works for me.

gregcool
04-04-13, 22:09
But how often can you take this for annie..is it for sleep or daytime..im just not sure

clio51
04-04-13, 22:38
Diazepam are to help you relax Greg, so you can use them in the day or night.
Your doc properly ave you them to relax you before you go to bed so you can drop off in. More relaxed state.

You can have them on a as and when meds basis ie dentist rip if your nervous,hospital etc. Or you can have them for a time, doc says 2 weeks so you don't get to dependent on them. But I have know people on them months because there going through such a bad time, and in time there weened off them slowly

Don't worry about the next two weeks just deal with one day at a time.
Try staying awake say till 11.30 or slightly later but not to late they you go past
it .

Annie0904
04-04-13, 22:45
I agree with Clio, if you can stay awake until 11:30 then take your Diazepam it may help you relax enough to get to sleep and sleep longer. If you need to take them longer than a few weeks then take them longer. The important thing at the moment is to get you relaxed enough to be able to sleep. Let us know tomorrow if it works...I really hope so :hugs:

gregcool
05-04-13, 07:43
Hi guys..well i took diazapam at around 11 ish..went to sleep around 11.30..But again i wike at 3.30am ahhrrrrrrrr..couldnt believe it.....3.30..layed there for a while and eventually drifted back..but then woke to my sisters son at 5am..andvlayed there ..between this tim and 7am i drifted in and out of mini sleeps ..drop off .then wake..i got up at 7am in the end.....just not getting enough deep sleep every night...just feel like taking a couple of sleeping pills..but dont want to get dependant on thses......i just dont know how im going to get out of this cycle....as you know girls this was going on for a long time way before i started and of these meds..so now im on meds to help me sleep and they are not working..i cant help but wonder if there is ever going to be a way out..no matter what my situation...im pritty sure this all started when i was put on thyroxine 2 years ago..i rem strugling to sleep ever since i was put on themm..my levels are at a norm level,so i know im not over actuve...i think its the actual tablets that are and have allways had this effect on me

Annie0904
05-04-13, 09:47
I was wondering if your doctor could refer you to a sleep clinic? Not sure if nhs covers it or not but it may be worth asking. I think yout body has got used to waking up at that time so it is hard to break the habit. Keep a regular bedtime over the next few weeks and take the diazepam before you go to sleep and see if it starts to work. x

gregcool
05-04-13, 16:09
Hi Annie..I have asked about a sleep clinic they said they dont offer that service for me...only for people with sleep apnia and wallking etc....Im prity sure all this started 2 years ago when i started taking thyroxine for my under active thyroid..and rem i staryed to loose my normal sleep paten...over a few months it got worse and worse..up till the point of wakingbevery night and not falling back...they have done blood tests all a long the way telling me my thyroid are now stable and at the correct levels...so i have to stay on this thyroxine for ever..but its the cause of my insomnia...if you google it..you will see there is a minority of people that have this permenant insomnia side effect..im 1 of then....so that would meen there is no cure...now what

clio51
05-04-13, 16:55
Can you change your thyroid tablet? To another brand maybe with another you might not get sleep deprivation. Worth asking doc if there are any others or perhaps Google to see.

Just a thought Greg.

gregcool
05-04-13, 17:03
I rem asking the doctor this a year ago and she said there was no other sub for levythyroxine..iv just googled and found more just like me that are in the excactly the same place..allmost a mirror of my sleep patern from her beginings...so this is def what it is...But knowing there is no way out is hell

---------- Post added at 17:03 ---------- Previous post was at 17:02 ----------

Clio ..i feel soo sooo low today and am getting those thoughts of being wiped out of my excistance..im so tired and my brain just cant cope with all this depression and no sleep

clio51
05-04-13, 17:07
Ask the pharmacist they know more that's their field drugs. Well worth a try.

Annie0904
05-04-13, 17:13
I have sent a link to you in a PM from another forum. I am not sure if it will be helpful or not.

gregcool
05-04-13, 18:12
Just been to phyrmasist she told me there is no alternative to leveythyroxin..ahhhrrrrr....and said now my trazadone is not making me sleep any more...i need to go and insist my doc puts me on another anti depresant that has a sleep aid..and come off traz which is no longer helping with sleep...iv asked my doc and hes telling me to try new sleep paterns etc even tho iv told him its thyroxine that causing it....this was the phyciatrist from my chrisses team...i just feel im hitting brick walls and going no where....

clio51
05-04-13, 18:33
Oh well it was worth a try Greg.

Not sure what to suggest now, do you have your bloods regularly checked to check your ths and t4 as they may have changed and you might need you dose altering just a thought.

Snoodlester
05-04-13, 18:52
Hi Greg
I've been having sleep problems too, mainly due to my anxiety. I was prescribed small doses of sleeping tablets at first but when they didn't work, given 20mg of Diazepam which eventually did the trick. My GP advised that I take it an hour before bed, so that when I get into bed I'm ready to drop off. I've also found that a usual routine helps. I've read recently not to use computers, or iPods at least half an hour before bed, eat more bananas and almonds as they have magnesium which is a muscle relaxant and promotes sleep. I also find that a milky drink and reading a story book helps (nothing factual). And the latest weird thing I've read is to concentrate and follow the bright lights in your eyelids when your eyes are closed - not sure that one really worked, but hey anything's worth a go!

Hope some of this might help. I'm still taking sleeping pills and I'm worried how I'm going to cope when I'm not taking them.

Sue x

spottitchsam
05-04-13, 21:07
Hi Annie..I have asked about a sleep clinic they said they dont offer that service for me...only for people with sleep apnia and wallking etc....Im prity sure all this started 2 years ago when i started taking thyroxine for my under active thyroid..and rem i staryed to loose my normal sleep paten...over a few months it got worse and worse..up till the point of wakingbevery night and not falling back...they have done blood tests all a long the way telling me my thyroid are now stable and at the correct levels...so i have to stay on this thyroxine for ever..but its the cause of my insomnia...if you google it..you will see there is a minority of people that have this permenant insomnia side effect..im 1 of then....so that would meen there is no cure...now what

Hi gregcool I have just heard from Annie about this thread.it's funny that you have said that this sleep problem started when you were put on thyroxine a few years ago.although I have only been on this pill for about 7years and I have always had problem with sleeping for donkey years I must admit that thinking about it I've have got worse.as you have said it does not matter what time you go to bed/sleep you always wake up a few times.since I started having this new batch of attacks I have kept a diary of my sleep patterns and feelings.in general I go to bed at 10 45-11 30pm and I am always awake round about 2.30am,then 4am,then again 5.30am,7.30am,then about 8.30-9.30 I get up.I am always tired and before this started (PANICS in January)i used to go to bed for a couple of hours in the day.I'm to frightened to sleep in the day time now.I have a appointment with the gp on Tuesday so I'm going to mention this to him.I know that you have found out there is no substitute to this pill but surely they could help in another way.I have sleep apnea but because of my past when I was abused I can't have a mask or anything else cover my face.I've been for the test but only got half way through one when I had to stop the doctor.when it came to try the mask on I just freaked out and I had a panic attack there and then.if I come back on tuesday with any information about this pill i will get back to you.x

Annie0904
05-04-13, 21:43
My wish for you tonight Greg

clio51
05-04-13, 22:26
Hey that's great Annie