PDA

View Full Version : Mind Going Blank/Pressure in Head

madgirl
04-04-13, 14:58
Hi All,
I am new here, and am constantly worrying about my health which causes me great anxiety.
I have been having episodes where I'll be talking to someone, and the whole world seems to swim away from me and my mind goes blank. It feels worse than just being dizzy or forgetting words, it feels like i have almost disappeared form my head. I know that doesn't make much sense but I don't know how else to describe it. I also then get very panicky when this happens, but don't feel like the panic caused it, but was a reaction. I haven't been feeling particularly anxious today but have just had an 'episode'. I really thought I was just dying - i was on the phone to someones and suddenly this mind blankness happened and I had to hang up.
I now feel very anxious and have a lot of tensions/pressure n my head. I went to the doctor last time this happened and he did basic checks and didn't mention it much but I am terrified of stroke, tumour etc... Is this just me being mad? I don;t know what to say to the doctor if I went back as it is just such a weird and scary sensation that I am not describing very well at all.

Freaked
04-04-13, 17:38
I just got a very strange pressure feeeling today too for the first time, when I was lying down calm. Freaked me right out. They can be caused by anxiety and inner ear things, but you should get yourself checked for peace of mind.

Boxerharvey
05-04-13, 13:04
Hi Madgirl I often get the same symptoms as you and have done for about 7 years and the doctors tell me it is all down to anxiety, the more you worry about it the worse it gets. I too worry that i have a brain tumour or stroke but so far I havent had either so I try to believe the that it is just anxiety symptoms.

Sometimes I can be just talking to someone and my mind goes completely blank and I cant remember what I was talking about and then I start to panic. I also suffer with head pains and pressure.

I find its worse when I am stressed or tired but it sometimes happens even when i am not.