PDA

View Full Version : i felt more depressed on 100mg sertraline and my gp has upped it to 150mg im scared

sandysan
04-04-13, 17:48
hi

i have been crying to my doc today , i was taking 100mg sertraline for 2 weeks and i felt worse so the doc has upped it to 150mg ,,, doc said take for 3 weeks if no change then she will scrap it

Snoodlester
04-04-13, 18:20
I'm having a similar experience. I couldn't get to my doctor yesterday, so I requested a phone consultation. I've been on 30mg of mirtazapine for 6 weeks, and last weekend all my original anxiety symptoms came back 100 fold. She's now upped it to 45mg and I'm worried too if this will help.

Let's hope for both of us, that it works. I don't know about you, but just messaging with other people in similar situations is helping.

Sue x

maro111
08-04-13, 16:11
hi

i have been crying to my doc today , i was taking 100mg sertraline for 2 weeks and i felt worse so the doc has upped it to 150mg ,,, doc said take for 3 weeks if no change then she will scrap it

Hi. Im not sure your doctor is giving the tablets enough time to work. It is very common to feel worse for the first few weeks after starting sertraline. You may not start to feel better until weeks 6 to 8. It is also common to feel worse again for a couple of weeks after upping your dose.

Tufty
08-04-13, 20:14
Hi Sandy,
I would recommend making a note of your mood each day so you can show your doctor exactly what it's been like since starting the medication. It's sometimes so hard to articulate how you've been doing when you have just a 10 minute appointment.
I make a note of my mood each day and have done since my crisis last March, I have made this into a graph and have recorded the medication I'm taking and any increase or decrease in dose - it may sound like I'm obsessed with this but I'm not, sometimes I don't fill it in for days when I'm feeling well.
Today I visited the doctors and took my graph with me, the first time in 3 months. It gave the doctor a clear picture of how I've reacted to the medication.
The decision to start, stop or increase medication should be a joint decision after you are given all the information needed to make an informed choice, including possible side effects by your doctor. It is well known that if you think the medication will work and is right for you, it will. If you are doubting it is right for you and making you worse you need to discuss this more with your doctor and have on going support if you decide to continue taking the Sertraline.
Take care
Sam