PDA

View Full Version : really getting worried now...

ironpants74
04-04-13, 20:51
Hi all,

I'll try and keep this post as short as possible...could go on all day!
My HA started back in october. I woke up with a stiff neck..fine, nothing to worry about, but a coupleof eeks later one of my fingers went numb.
The next thing I am waiting to see the doc, had been googling the night before thinking 'it'll be nothing', then suddenly a wave of panic and morbid thinking washed over me. My mum survived lung cancer about 5 years back and I sudeenly thought..'it's my turn...i've got it to'.

Anyway, saw the doc, told me nothing to worry about. couple of weeks later and I was like a zombie, constantly worrying, googling symptoms etc. went docs again he ordered a x-ray on neck for trapped nerve and I told him about my fears, he ordered chest x-ray to put my mind at rest. after 3 agonising weeks of waiting the results came back...trapped nerve in neck.
I was elated...for about 2 days, then i thought 'but the x-ray isn't 100%, things can get missed'.

Started on meds, told them 'only for a short time till i'm through this bad patch' and he said 'but are you going to be back here in 2 months thinking you have something else'. Guess what, about 2 months later and I get bowel movement issues and stomach pains.

of course, first thing I do is google, come up with IBS...great (by that I mean benign!), then I start thinking..hang on, aren't these symptoms a natural progression from lung C?

Then the stomach pains ease off (after stomach acid treatments and a normal blood test), and I find a small hard immovable lump behind my jaw bone beneath the ear. Been docs, on antibiotics, told to go back if not better..the doc didn't seem too confident it would and said he would do some tests if it didn't go...I swear he looked at my chest when he said it (i'm male by the way in case it sounds like he was grabbing an eyeful!).

Anyway, so scared now, starting to panic again..and to think today was my first CBT session!

God, will this constant see sawing between Anxiety and being more or less 'normal' ever end!

---------- Post added at 20:51 ---------- Previous post was at 18:39 ----------

Just been searching this forum, and it looks like a lot of us are in the same boat, not believing diagnosis that anxiety is causing symptoms and nothing is physically wrong. It's a real comfort to know I'm not alone!