PDA

View Full Version : Hello everybody!

nevergiveup
04-04-13, 20:23
Hello
I am so glad i have found this site i as i am currently going through a bad time with anxiety and panic attacks which is leaving me feeling very down and unable to get on with normal day to day life.

I dont know much about panic attacks and anxiety but they started about 4 weeks ago with a panic attack that lasted what seemed to be the whole weekend and ever since then things have got worse i constantly worry about them happening again i never want to be left along, iv had to take time off college as i never know when i am going to have another panic attack and when i am not having panic attacks my mind is constantly thinging about them and i am trying to always hold them off :(

Just looking for some advise on how people deal with anxitey and panic attacks while i currently wait for CBT which my doctor has referred me to and also been given propranolol today to try i was wondering if this helps people?

I just want my life to go back to normal as i was a very out going and happy person not so long ago and wouldnt mind feeling like that again

thank you for reading
xx

hanj16
04-04-13, 20:31
Hi,

Welcome to the site, I'm sure you'll find lots of support on here :). Sorry that things are tough for you right now, I'm hoping to have CBT myself soon, I've heard lots of good things about it so hopefully it will help you overcome your anxieties. I love your username by the way, its something that we should all be reminded of now and again when life isn't so kind to us. If you ever need to chat, drop me a message.

Wishing you the best
Hannah

Bekzie
04-04-13, 20:38
Hi and :welcome:
There is some great info on natural remedies and therapy on the left side of the screen that is well worth a read under the remedies heading. There is also a site called CBT4panic that is linked to this site, you can find the address by searching CBT4panic on here and clicking the link, it is well worth a try :)

starlight78
04-04-13, 21:00
Hi there, welcome to NMP!
You will find lots of great people and advice here x

durhamlawyer
04-04-13, 23:39
Welcome!

That's an excellent name you have for the forum. Nevergiveup!

nevergiveup
05-04-13, 08:05
Thank you for replying everyone and for the information on the CBT site I want to try my hardest to start to get better before I get my appointments cause I have a little boy to look after and feel he is suffering aswell as I can't take him out like I used to :( I know I chose my user name because I keep saying that to myself because I know if I hope one day I will feel back to my old self
Xx

Lilharry
05-04-13, 09:09
Great username - you will get there with that attitude. I know it's scary what you're going through, but it happens to a lot of people and you're not alone. I have done some modules on this site that are really helpful, so maybe you could give them a go too http://www.cci.health.wa.gov.au/resources/consumers.cfm