PDA

View Full Version : holiday in Scotland

spottitchsam
04-04-13, 22:02
Hi guys we are only 5weeks away from going touring round Scotland.my husband and son were discussing this most of the weekend.as we will be away for 2weeks and traveling over 2000 miles it will be my son and myself driving.(hubby can't drive only me up the wall) because of how I've been feeling since January I don't think I will last the whole 2weeks so they have found out that after the 1 st week but only for 1 day I could fly back on my own from Wick.as I'm not very mobile I might have trouble travelling back on my own.I wish I could be as excited as hubby and son are.
xxxx:hugs:

Annie0904
04-04-13, 22:06
Jean you never know, once you get there you may enjoy it so much you will want to stay longer. I panic about holidays but once I get there I enjoy it. Hopefully the weather will be much better by then xx

spottitchsam
04-04-13, 22:13
Jean you never know, once you get there you may enjoy it so much you will want to stay longer. I panic about holidays but once I get there I enjoy it. Hopefully the weather will be much better by then xx

Thanks Annie,I know that when they are out and about walking I will be on my own for a couple of hours a day.I'm taking my laptop,kindle,sudoku and cds to occupy my mind.x

Annie0904
04-04-13, 22:47
I always take my Kindle, I love to read xx

SDP
04-04-13, 23:56
I bet once you arrive you will change your mind, I went to states with my brothers for first time a year back & they know I hate flying. Well they told me it was 2 flights but ended up 3 and last was a tiny jet that shook like crazy... But by that time I was happy & comfortable, having family near was great.

I live in Scotland I swear not that scary x

Coppernob
05-04-13, 09:58
A week in Scotland last Autumn did me a power of good, even though I was suffering from anxiety. The beautiful scenery and fantastic food made a huge difference to me.

I hope you have a wonderful time! We're off to Lanzarote in 4 weeks, so I've got flighs to panic about ,,,

Annie0904
05-04-13, 12:14
I guess I will be off to Croatia soon too :scared15: Last week in May (not brave enough to count the weeks yet!)

spottitchsam
05-04-13, 19:48
I always take my Kindle, I love to read xx

Hi Annie sorry for delay been out today,I just love gadgets so I have 3 kindles,the 1st one I brought was the Amazon kindle when they were first out,then I brought the smaller version so it would fit in my bag when we went on a cruise,then for Christmas last year I treated myself to a kindle fire hd.this one I can get the internet on and its smaller than my laptop to carry around.I have found this to be a life saver since January.x

---------- Post added at 19:24 ---------- Previous post was at 19:10 ----------

I bet once you arrive you will change your mind, I went to states with my brothers for first time a year back & they know I hate flying. Well they told me it was 2 flights but ended up 3 and last was a tiny jet that shook like crazy... But by that time I was happy & comfortable, having family near was great.

I live in Scotland I swear not that scary x

Hi thanks for reply,I am hoping that by the time we leave my amitriptyline should have started to take affect and my rheumatoid arthritis pain in my feet should be a little bit better.then I should be able to get around without me feeling I'm walking on pebbles.I have flown on a plane on my own a couple of times but I was in better health.this time I will be on my travelscoot bike so I will need assistance but my main worry is me being on my own for a couple of hours a day.I will not stop my hubby and son going out exploring because that's why they are going for in the first place.x

---------- Post added at 19:31 ---------- Previous post was at 19:24 ----------

A week in Scotland last Autumn did me a power of good, even though I was suffering from anxiety. The beautiful scenery and fantastic food made a huge difference to me.

I hope you have a wonderful time! We're off to Lanzarote in 4 weeks, so I've got flighs to panic about ,,,

Hi coppernob,my son and myself will take it in turn to drive.we also stop about 4/5 Times a day in different places to wonder around.we will also be eating out every day so there will be no cooking as such.
I hope that you will have a lovely time when you go to Lanzarote in 4 weeks time.x

---------- Post added at 19:48 ---------- Previous post was at 19:31 ----------

Hey luvvy , i live in scotland and honestly there is so much to see it really will take ur mind off things :) while ur driving try and look as much around u as possible and maybe get some of ur favourite music on and have a good sing song :) if u need any help then gimme a wee message x

EllieBear,I will take it in turn with my son driving so there will be plenty of time for me to take in the scenery.when I pass your house give me a wave,if it's not to late I may even pop in for a cup of tea and slice of cake lol.x I will be taking my laptop and kindle with me so I can keep in touch with all you lovely people.I don't think I could go far without speaking to you all on here.x