PDA

View Full Version : I'm Amy, 22, London/Nottingham...

AmyLA
04-04-13, 22:08
Been suffering from generalised anxiety disorder, panic disorder, moderate depression and Agoraphobia for 3 years now. All possibly caused by 'Chronic Adjustment Disorder' but i'm still waiting to find that out (being assessed). I've been on 10mg of Citalopram for 3 years.

Looking for anyone around my age who's been going through the same thing (18-26). It's hard just talking to friends and family about this kind of stuff because they can't really fully understand it unless they have been through it. That's why i've taken to the internet :P

Studying in London right now (Psychology) but i'm originally from Nottingham :]

Gotagetthroughthis
04-04-13, 22:41
Hey Amy,

Welcome to the site first of all, everyone is great here and you will find lots of help and support.

Im 24, from London and suffer with pretty similar things to you, although a lot of mine stemmed from health anxiety. I was on Citalopram not long ago aswell. It is really hard as you say to speak to friends and family about it as knowone fully understands how you really feel, people cant even comprehend how bad it is unless they have been there.

Feel free to drop me a PM if you ever need to talk or just fancy a chat.

Hope things start to get better for you soon :)

hanj16
04-04-13, 22:42
Hey Amy,

A big welcome to the site :). I have social anxiety. We have a lot in common, I'm 23 and I too study psychology. Well I left uni because I couldn't cope but I'm about to finish my degree through the open university. It is hard to talk to family and friends, I try to hide how I feel. Coming on here has been a great support though and I hope it is for you too. If you fancy a chat, drop me a message.

All the best
Hannah

matt94
04-04-13, 22:54
Hi Amy! I'm from New York. I've been struggling with those same things since I was 7! (I'm almost 19 now). I just came across this site a few days ago and it has already provided me with much use :) Welcome to the site and feel free to pm me.

Scotlandkiwi
15-01-14, 23:18
Hi Amy. I am 23, and have suffered from anxiety for 6 years. I suffer health related and generalised, and it is taking over my life.

I do not know anyone with anxiety, so it is hard to try and explain how you are feeling, cos no one truly understands.

I am currently on Sertraline, so will have to see what that does.

You are in the right place, and everyone here is here to help :) x