PDA

View Full Version : Sinus problems trying not to google

Munchlet
04-04-13, 22:09
I've always had issues with hayfever since I can remember so I obviously have allergies. I also find that I'm always quite sniffy or stuffy when I wake up and quite often I have post nasal drip even when I've not had a cold.

The thing that's concerning me is that for a while now the inside of my nose appears to be bleeding. I don't have what I would call nosebleeds but quite often if I put a tissue inside my nose then I will get bits of blood come out on it and it seems to be both sides.

I have to say that I do feel when I wake in the morning my nose feels really dry and my husband tells me I snore so I know I must sleep with my mouth open, the weird thing is if I sneeze or blow my nose there's no blood but if I put a tissue in my nose to clean it then I will get a very small amout or bright red blood or bloody mucus a lot of the time.

My nose feels really sore inside and some days it actually feels swollen (worse in the morning), I don't want to google but ever since they released the new 4 signs of cancer advert and one of the signs was unexplained bleeding, it's started me worrying and now I'm thinking that I've been ignoring this and putting it down to inflamed sensitive sinuses and I've been ignoring something more serious like sinus cancer.

Does anyone have sinus issues and have similar problems?

thanks

Annie0904
04-04-13, 22:52
I get this a lot just as you are describing. It is just the lining of your nose and I think it sometimes dries up through the night and gets irritated so that when you put tissue in it bleeds a bit. I don't really worry about it as it has been happening for so long and I m confident it is just irritation in the lining of my nose. I suffer with allergies and sinus problems too so I think it is probably connected.

Munchlet
05-04-13, 07:41
Thanks Annie I think that was what concerned me is that its been going on a long while and I've just been putting it down to sinus issues and then they release the 4 signs of cancer advert and it's set me off.

It's good to know I'm not alone :)

sparkle_1979
05-04-13, 09:05
If I blow my nose often there is blood there. Has been since I was litte x

Munchlet
05-04-13, 12:54
Thank you Sparkle, obviously isn't a rare occurence by the sound of it :D