PDA

View Full Version : Petrified why did I google

sparkle_1979
04-04-13, 22:14
Earlier I posted about a lump in my throat which is now feeling like spasums when I cough. I googled which I don't usually do now I just come here and pester you lovely lot :winks:

Aggressive throid cancer...

Urgh I'm so sick of all this. I have a lovely little family and all I'm doing is worrying about who's going to take care of my babies, rather than enjoy laughing and playing with them

nomorepanic
04-04-13, 22:26
It is highly unlikely to be cancer but if it continues then go and see the doctor who can take a look.

sparkle_1979
04-04-13, 22:29
I'm going tomorrow. Sorry I know I've posted a lot lately I just seem to be so anxious and having so many things up with me. Hopefully the doctor can talk sense in me

nomorepanic
04-04-13, 22:35
Try and rationalise things in your head each time and ask if you really think it is something serious?

sparkle_1979
04-04-13, 22:45
Yes I do that and usually a little reassurance and I'm fine, this is scary though as feels so alien to me and I'm thinking it can't be right. So annoyed I googled

nomorepanic
04-04-13, 22:53
Well post on here and ask us and I know we aren't medical but we may be able to calm you or tell you off for googling lol

sparkle_1979
04-04-13, 22:57
This is great before I really had nobody to talk to as my husband just tells me o get a grip and doesn't really want o hear it and I'm a bit embarrassed to go to my friends. This forum has really helped me, thank you x

Lilharry
04-04-13, 23:07
I definitely find coming on here lessens my anxiety. If I have something going on, I just read other peoples posts and try and offer some reassurance and it makes me feel better. But it is WAY too tempting to google symptoms isn't it. Usually I do it because in my head I'm thinking, surely if I google it will tell me there's nothing worry about, but it's always the worst case scenario. I'm actually starting to laugh when I see cancer as my dianogsis - not because cancer is funny, but because it really seems to be the reason for every little niggle your body can experience. How about we all just accept we've got cancer and start living like we haven't got much time left and enjoy ourselves!

sparkle_1979
04-04-13, 23:09
Very true lilharry. I thin I've had ha for yrs but to be honest when I didn't have children I didn't worry. Now I just worry for them..

I'm going to try and get cbt I really want to enjoy life again

Lilharry
04-04-13, 23:13
Yeah, me too, it comes and goes - I think just being able to get your head around the fact that you're not sick and that it's the worry that is making you sick is the hardest thing. Definitely try some CBT. I've probably posted this link before for you, but in case you haven't seen it, give the online course a go. It defnitely helped me feel better about everything http://www.cci.health.wa.gov.au/resources/infopax.cfm?Info_ID=53

sparkle_1979
04-04-13, 23:19
Thanks I've not seen this

Munchlet
05-04-13, 18:07
Hi Sparkle

My husband has this all the time, he doesn't have HA so needless to say doesn't worry, but having said that he was so convinced there was a lump back last year he went to the doctors.

They couldn't find anything but sent him to the hospital where they put camera up his nose and down his throat, and still nothing found other than a slight thrush infection at the back of his tongue which he had antibiotics for.

He still gets it but I've started to notice there is a pattern, it's usually when he's really busy at work not sleeping etc and he is now putting it down to stress.

I think when we have HA we are stressed most of the time so I'm sure yours is likely to be something similar.

take care

Consider
05-04-13, 21:02
Relax, take a deep breath Sparkle. If it was thyroid cancer, you would feel it and you would feel badly. Spasms during cough usually is either anxiety or another minor symptom. Go to a doctor, and if you are really in doubt, head to the ENT doctor. He will take a look down there for you. and if he can't find it, nothing is wrong. Sending hugs your way. :)

sparkle_1979
05-04-13, 21:13
Thanks everyone. Yesterday was a bad day ad today I'm not being such an idiot. I really wanted to see a doctor today but hubby got my bug, I didn't want to take my girls with me.

Tinker28
07-04-13, 23:49
Yeah, me too, it comes and goes - I think just being able to get your head around the fact that you're not sick and that it's the worry that is making you sick is the hardest thing. Definitely try some CBT. I've probably posted this link before for you, but in case you haven't seen it, give the online course a go. It defnitely helped me feel better about everything http://www.cci.health.wa.gov.au/reso...cfm?Info_ID=53 (http://www.cci.health.wa.gov.au/resources/infopax.cfm?Info_ID=53)

Lilharry- the link you posted was great! It has help me out quite a bit actually! I have added it to my favorites bar on my computer and ipad everywhere i have google so that i won't google. Great advice too!