PDA

View Full Version : Sudden jerking

rollergirl
04-04-13, 23:17
HI Everyone. I'm relatively new to the site in the way of posting. I fund it a few years ago when my HA was really sever so I've read lots and lots. Im back now as it is back with a vengeance. Obviously Im the same as everyone else....Chronic HA sufferer, but of course, I'm the "one in a million" who's symptoms are actually going to mean a terrible diagnosis...lol. I'm hoping you all get that one!! Anyway my obsession this week is the dredded ALS/MS/MND etc etc. I had a new tooth/crown put on a few days ago and my tongue was agitated by the new object in my mouth (as there was a gap there for years) and so I found that I was having these random jerking biting of my tongue, but of course I'm now worried about it being the first signs of one of those awful diseases....sudden involuntary jerking etc. I also noticed several times in the last month or so that I felt like I was going to drool if I didnt shut my mouth tighter.....and of course that to me is muscle weakness around the mouth. So tongue biting and drooling = ALS/MS/MND and so forth. The drooling thing started before the crown was put on so I cant link the two. They have now taken the crown off because it was loose and I havent had another tongue biting episode but I'm just sitting here waiting to drool and bite my tongue again to confirm that I am in fact doomed (because then I cant relate it to any tooth issue) and its neurological. Does this all make sense. I'm at my wits end, struggling to concentrate at work and honestly am worries that I'm a crazy person and cant keep it together. What do you all think? Am I being stupid or should I see my doc. By the way I have terrible Health Anxiety on and off for over ten years now. Not sure why its triggered so bad this time.....probably because this is finally 'IT'.....lol Cheers everyone.

Lilharry
05-04-13, 04:26
sounds very much like health anxiety to me and definitley not something serious! Go see your doctor if it makes you feel better, but at the end of the day the problem is the anxiety right? So that's what you need to work on. I've posted this on so many threads now I can't even count them, but have a go at these online modules and see if they make you feel better: http://www.cci.health.wa.gov.au/resources/infopax.cfm?Info_ID=53

It has really helped me. Still have my bad days, but much better at rationalising my thoughts now. Also, is there anything else that is stressing you out? Usually when I get rid of the other stress factors in my life that takes care of the anxiety. You may think you're anxious about the drooling/jerking, but in reality it might be something at work or home that is more worrying but you're transferring your anxiety to something else. Something to think about anyway.

Gee
05-04-13, 07:13
Having had the MS fear and now a clear MRi - I would def say its anxiety, I got told by the neuro that really when you have mS it's initially a clinical sign like the eye going out which has been the case for my relative that has it, and jack Osborne ! Or passing out alot is another one I think

The buzzing burning and all those symptoms aren't enough and were classic anxiety

You'll b fine hunni x