PDA

View Full Version : New here, never wrote about this before.

Rubystarlight
04-04-13, 23:47
Hello,

I'm new here to this forum, and to any forum about anxiety at all, I don't even know what is wrong with me or what I have got, I just know that there is something seriously wrong in the way my mental health issues have gotten over the last few years, to the extent my life feels not so much my own. I'm 26, have a 7 year old son and a baby on the way.

It's like my worlds gotten so small over the last few years and things that normal people can do I can't do any more.

I have panic moments, scared moments, I can't leave the house as often, I'm now unable to use public transport, I've even stopped being able to drive the 15 minutes to the local shops, I can't even pick my son up from school any more because of how worked up it makes me.

One of the biggest fears is a fear about being unable to get to a toilet, even in my own home now if someone is in the bathroom I panic that I'll need to go and just want them to hurry up and get out, so much to the extent that I threw up in the kitchen sink because it worried me when my dad was visiting that he was in there for too long.

My husband has now started to have to do more and more, he has to get all the shopping, pick son up from school and if I do feel able to go out the house he'll have to come with me, but even when I'm out I feel terrible like all I want is to be back home, back in my comfort zone and safe.

I can't talk to the doctor, every time I go nothing comes out with the extent of how I'm feeling about it all or the stress of it makes me really have to go to the bathroom so bad that I worry about my bowels and then don't make it to the doctors at all.

I've no idea what is wrong with me but I feel this is taking over my life. :(

durhamlawyer
05-04-13, 00:00
Hi Ruby,

Welcome. You will find loads of none-judgemental people on here you can talk to who are going through what you are going through. You are not alone. It's time to take control, you're not going crazy and you are going to get better. Have a look at the Self Help sections of the website. Agoraphobia and panic are closely linked and they can be overcome with CBT - you might not think that, but look at the success stories on here and remember you WILL get there too.

So, have a look at the self-help, think about getting a good quality CBT self help book (Overcoming Panic and Agoraphobia is fantastic). Start thinking about getting some professional help such as psychotherapy or CBT counselling.

Remember, you're not alone and people will support you on your journey to recovery!

Bekzie
05-04-13, 00:03
Hi Ruby :welcome:
You have found the right place for help and support :hugs:

JaneC
05-04-13, 00:09
Hi Ruby, sorry you are feeling so bad, especially when you're pregnant. Could you ask for a house visit from your doc? You could also try to write down your symptoms, or ask if your husband could help to explain them. In the meantime, you'll get lots of support here x

Lilharry
05-04-13, 05:25
Hi Ruby. I have experienced some of these things in the past, so I know how you feel. I also know there is a lot of things you can do to get better - opening up to your doctor would be a great start. Or what about your midwife? These people know how to help you or can get you the help you need. You are by no means the first person to feel like this - a lot of people deal with these issues, so you are not alone. The best thing to do is to open up and accept all the help you can get.