PDA

View Full Version : Changes - different pains

becksfan86
05-04-13, 11:04
Hello all, what sets my panic off, is pain that i find different in my body that i havent experience before, and dont know why it is happening, i get myself so worked up, and look up symptoms on google and just freak out. Go into a cold sweat, does anyone else get like this? Amount of times i been to doctors over silly little things when i think about it now, but at the time i get so worked up.

CharlieM
05-04-13, 11:30
Becks,

The physical sensations that I feel change regularly. It started about 6 months ago when I thought I was having a heart attack. Pain in chest, weird discomfort in left arm, sweating, etc. Following lots of tests, the cardiologist and GP put it down to a panic attack.

I am happy in my mind that my heart is ok, but now I get other physical symptoms. It's not exactly pain (like if you nip yourself or cut a finger, etc) - its just discomfort and strange. Usually it is in my arms, armpits and hands. I have butterflies pretty much all day every day.

The fact they change and move around further convinces me that all my symptoms are anxiety related. I hate feeling them, and I hate being anxious all the time, but I don't think I am in any immediate danger.

Try and be rational when you feel something weird or uncomfortable. Please don't Google, as that is the worst thing any of us can do. Keep busy, even during the symptoms.

Hope this helps :hugs:

Charlie