PDA

View Full Version : Awful feeling when I try to sleep!

Freaked
05-04-13, 17:09
I haven't gotten proper sleep in about a week. Today has been the worst: absolutely no sleep last night and briefly for about an hour each today. Evertime I'm on the verge of sleep or been asleep for a little while I jerk myself awake feeling like I'm choking or having a heart attack. I feel awful and I'm shaking all over. I take xanax and it calms me down a bit but doesn't stop the lack of sleep. I'm starting to worry there's something neurogically wrong with me like sporadic fatal insomnia, though it's very rare and i'd be very young. HELP ME!

LauraJF
05-04-13, 17:41
Insomnia is awful. I suffer from it too. Try listening to a relaxation mp3 before you go to sleep. I listen to one twice, the first time I'm still tense so I listen to it again and sometimes I fall asleep while it's still on. I find it takes at least a full night of sleep before my insomnia goes away, sometimes a few days so try to stop scaring yourself and think reassuring thoughts.

I haven't gotten proper sleep in about a week. Today has been the worst: absolutely no sleep last night and briefly for about an hour each today. Evertime I'm on the verge of sleep or been asleep for a little while I jerk myself awake feeling like I'm choking or having a heart attack. I feel awful and I'm shaking all over. I take xanax and it calms me down a bit but doesn't stop the lack of sleep. I'm starting to worry there's something neurogically wrong with me like sporadic fatal insomnia, though it's very rare and i'd be very young. HELP ME!

Freaked
05-04-13, 17:52
Thanks; I do try that but atm it isn't working. Feel delirious.

LauraJF
06-04-13, 23:54
How are you today? Did you get some sleep? It's around 11pm your time right now. I hope you will manage to sleep tonight. :hugs: