PDA

View Full Version : Can't relax

Torri
05-04-13, 19:54
I can't seem to relax, my anxiety is high and I keep thinking the worse is doing to happen......I have tried the distraction method which usually works for me, it always seems to be this time of night with me. Writing it all down usually works as well hence why I'm on here lol
Anyway I know I can do it but I have a feeling it's going to be a long night again

LauraJF
05-04-13, 20:14
Have you tried taking a deep breath? Try not to worry, you will relax eventually. I've had that keyed up feeling quite a few times this year and the best thing you can do is to accept that you're not able to relax at the moment and it's ok to feel that way. Maybe a cup of chamomile tea if you have any. I sip it while I pace the house and try to sit every now and then. I hope you will feel better soon. :hugs:

I can't seem to relax, my anxiety is high and I keep thinking the worse is doing to happen......I have tried the distraction method which usually works for me, it always seems to be this time of night with me. Writing it all down usually works as well hence why I'm on here lol
Anyway I know I can do it but I have a feeling it's going to be a long night again

---------- Post added at 15:14 ---------- Previous post was at 15:08 ----------

This is one of my favorite shows and I find it soothing to relax. Try to take a few deep breaths and watch this, it's the first episode. Maybe you'll feel more relaxed after you watch it, it might help you to take your mind off yourself.

This is the first episode of Road To Avonlea. I watch the entire series when I'm going through an anxious time, a couple of episode per day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUH5QkA9eu8

Torri
05-04-13, 20:31
oh thank you very much for that i will try the vids out... i seem ok at the moment but its more worry and the what if this isnt a panic attack i cant seem to get out of my head at the moment.....

LauraJF
05-04-13, 21:04
You're welcome Torri,

I know exactly how you feel. :hugs:

Laura

oh thank you very much for that i will try the vids out... i seem ok at the moment but its more worry and the what if this isnt a panic attack i cant seem to get out of my head at the moment.....

footballking
06-04-13, 00:22
Good luck. this happened to me earlier. How can you beat something that gives you physical symptoms, it's just not possible. I'm so angry i developed health anxiety.