PDA

View Full Version : Heart Palpation that takes your breath away? Quick advice please

footballking
05-04-13, 23:00
It just caught me by surprise, I was laying on my bed and my heart jumped and it took my breath away badly. I freaked out instantly. I am still freaking out.

Never experienced this before. Help please.

Scared shitless.

ritaroo81
05-04-13, 23:32
Just calm down and do some breathing exercises. I know its easier said tahn done. I experience heart palps when i have my panic attacks. The more you stress the faster your heart will get. its the fight or flight responce. I hope it subsides for you. xx

footballking
05-04-13, 23:34
Just calm down and do some breathing exercises. I know its easier said tahn done. I experience heart palps when i have my panic attacks. The more you stress the faster your heart will get. its the fight or flight responce. I hope it subsides for you. xx

I have never had heart palps before. Are they supposed to take your breath away?

ritaroo81
05-04-13, 23:39
its the panic that takes your breath away i think, it just coinsides with the palps coming on. all your muscles tense so you feel as tho you cant breath. x

---------- Post added at 23:39 ---------- Previous post was at 23:35 ----------

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms/

try reading this too. xx

footballking
its the panic that takes your breath away i think, it just coinsides with the palps coming on. all your muscles tense so you feel as tho you cant breath. x

There was no panic attack at the start. I was laying down relaxed and my heart thudded in my chest, and my breath went for a few seconds.

Gibbo
Yes they do I've experienced them regularly over the past few years, had all sorts of tests done and been told I'm fine and I just have to live with them....doesn't make them any less scary, esp when you get one out of the blue. Try and control your breathing and one of the techniques I was told about was to hold my nose and bear down ( a bit like if trying o me your ears pop) this apparently slows the heart beat down.
HTH x

Lilharry
05-04-13, 23:40
I've had this too - it's scary, but harmless. You are fine. I find coughing helps when it happens for some reason!

footballking
05-04-13, 23:49
I've had this too - it's scary, but harmless. You are fine. I find coughing helps when it happens for some reason!

Thanks for the reply man. It's like my heart was like wake up as I was watching a film.

I don't know if i'm ever going to get a grip on my anxiety. seriously starting to doubt any light at the end of the tunnel. how's your battle going?

---------- Post added at 23:49 ---------- Previous post was at 23:47 ----------

Yes they do I've experienced them regularly over the past few years, had all sorts of tests done and been told I'm fine and I just have to live with them....doesn't make them any less scary, esp when you get one out of the blue. Try and control your breathing and one of the techniques I was told about was to hold my nose and bear down ( a bit like if trying o me your ears pop) this apparently slows the heart beat down.
HTH x

Thanks for the reply, it just feels like my heart is going to spasm out of control and give up on me. I envy people without these problems. I know stress is a cause, but it's like everything gives me stress. I get a chest pain, i'm stressed, I'm doing coursework for university, stressed.

I always imagined my body as a perfectly working machine. Beats in order and so on, but I can't even function properly.