PDA

View Full Version : My boyfriend has a low sex drive and its ruining our relationship

GirlAfraid23
06-04-13, 12:33
So I'm really concerned at the moment. My boyfriend is 23 and has a very low sex drive for his age.
We have been together for nearly 4 years. At the start we would have sex alot but now we very rarely do...once a week if I'm lucky.
He works himself up into such a state that he cant perform...if you see what I mean.
He thinks he may be depressed, his dad died when he was 16 of a brain tumour and he has never spoken to anybody professional about it. He saw some terrible things throughout this time, including his dad becoming ill and eventually dying in a horrific way. throughout this
He is also very stressed about work always.
What do you think I should do?

---------- Post added at 11:34 ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 ----------

Its making my anxiety worse than ever

---------- Post added at 12:33 ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 ----------

Can anyone in a similar situation help?

Sparkle1984
06-04-13, 12:52
I can't help with the sex drive question, but if your boyfriend thinks he's depressed, it would be best for him to speak to a doctor about that. He could be referred for counselling to discuss his feelings relating to his father dying. If you lose a parent at a young age, it can affect you later in life, so even though it may have been several years ago, it could still be helpful to talk to someone about it.