PDA

View Full Version : really struggling right now

tricia56
06-04-13, 16:52
hi i have got to go to my grandchildrens christning tomoz and for over 2 wks now my anxiety has been so bad every time i think about going to morrow i get really scared panicky even when any one mentions the christning i get really bad i dont want to go because of the way im feeling as i dont like traveling at all and its a hours bus ride to get there , all i keep thinking is what if i go dizzy or have a panic attack or even die , i know these are just negative thoughts and ive tryed challenging them but it doesnt hepl me at all, even tho ill be travelling with my sister and son but im still petried, i dont know if its because a while back i got really dizzyand fellt i was going to collapes as i got off the bus. i want to go as if i dont i will let my daughter down and also i would be letting myself down im so scared and just dont know wat to do, i feel i just want to cry because feeling like this

Torri
06-04-13, 17:49
hi
i get like this, last week my partner wanted a day out and i was a wreck before we went, but i did it and i was proud i did...but other than that i am feeling the same way as you about a spa day with my work mates, i wish i felt like everyone else who is looking forward to it and can't wait.
do you have a safe person who is going with you?
if you feel like crying do it as i have done many times hours before an event as for some reason it makes me feel a bit better

Edie
06-04-13, 18:05
I really hope you get to enjoy the christening.

Could you maybe take a taxi instead?

MiniatureDisasters
06-04-13, 22:14
Try and take it all one step at a time and break the journey and the day up into little steps in your head. You're not going to die, you're not going to get dizzy just because it happened once before.

You've got people with you, try and talk to them and distract yourself. Can you take something like a crossword or a magazine with you on the bus?

If you start getting panicky try and concentrate on breathing slowly in and out and distracting yourself.

Try and think of the positives about tomorrow rather than worrying about letting other people down. Maybe even make a list of all the things that could be good about the day, even if they don't seem it. I promise if you try you'll feel much better for it. Let us know how you get on! :bighug1:

tricia56
07-04-13, 21:13
hi thought id update you on today I DONE IT i went to my daughters christning . it wasnt easy i did struggle and i felt awfull , i was a mess and wanted to get off the bus many timeson the way there but i carried on it was abit better while i was there was still anxiouse but it was worth it , it was loverly bieng with all my family so thank you all for your kind support xx pat

Edie
07-04-13, 21:17
Yay!!! Well done :)

Tufty
07-04-13, 21:31
Well done Tricia :yahoo: That's a big achievement you should be very proud of yourself. Take good care of yourself over the next couple of days as you may feel more tired than normal after the amount of adrenaline that's been surging through you today!

Bekzie
07-04-13, 22:18
hi thought id update you on today I DONE IT i went to my daughters christning . it wasnt easy i did struggle and i felt awfull , i was a mess and wanted to get off the bus many timeson the way there but i carried on it was abit better while i was there was still anxiouse but it was worth it , it was loverly bieng with all my family so thank you all for your kind support xx pat

Thats great well done! You should be very proud of yourself. YOU did it :yesyes:

mrsnobody
07-04-13, 22:38
well done

MiniatureDisasters
08-04-13, 21:17
Yay well done:yesyes:

Now you can keep in mind how you got through it this time and you can do it again. :shades: