PDA

View Full Version : Worried about heart infection. Sick with unknown virus.

Modestaustin811
06-04-13, 17:26
Hey everyone,

Since yesterday I've been dealing with a low grade fever, body aches, and some lower abdomen sickness. I've had diarrhea twice in the last 24 hours.

I began looking up my symptoms because I'm worried that I have chills and body aches but no other flu symptoms. I found this thing called viral myocarditis and basically that is when a viral infection that you have enters your heart causing an arrhythmia or heart failure. I read personal stories of people the same age or a little older than me dying from this with typical symptoms like I'm having right now.

I'm pretty freaked out. I went to the ER last night and they did an ecg on me and it came back fine, but the doctor wouldn't do a blood test checking for heart inflammation. I'm debating on going again today to see if they'll do a blood test.

I just feel awful, body aches, chills, fatigue, but my fever isn't very high at all? its pretty much non-existent. This is freaking me out.

Any advice? what do you guys think?

Annie0904
06-04-13, 17:51
It just sounds like a viral infection and I am sure it is not going to effect your heart especially since your ECG was fine.