PDA

View Full Version : help please

katyjohnstone
06-04-13, 19:31
have been on meds for five weeks now had dose increased last monday so been on increased dose for a week why dont i feel any different i am really worried it will not get better i suffer gad and i am so afraid i want to run away but it comes with me i am scared will meds work please please help

Annie0904
06-04-13, 19:43
It takes a while for the meds to get into your system and 1 week on the increased dose isn't long. I hope you start to feel better soon :hugs:

hopey
07-04-13, 17:19
I have been on "Fluoxetone" for 6 weeks. Have had one or two days when I feel slighltly better. Is it a good idea to ask for this to .be increased to 30mg from 20mg I try not to be impatient really I do but would love to feel happy again.

maro111
07-04-13, 17:50
Hi. Ive been on Sertraline for 7 weeks. 6 weeks at 50mg and 1 week at 100mg. After 6 weeks on 50mg I felt a bit better but not great. Since the increase I feel more anxious, jittery and down. Im hoping this will settle down within the next week or two and that the Sertraline will help my anxiety more and more over the next 6-8 weeks.

Its awful having to wait so long for medications to work and its made even worse that they can make you worse before they make you better. But they do work for most people...it unfortunately really is a case of trying to tough it out the next few weeks/months.

hopey
10-04-13, 11:50
Hi katy. yes do know how you feel I had been on "fluo" for six weeks.Have now been put up to 40mg from 20mg. I thought I would feel better immediatel (fool i am) but feel similar to when I first w. Hope you get on well. hopeyent on 20. Hope this is normal