PDA

View Full Version : Antibiotics - confused now!

chl_hobbs
06-04-13, 19:54
Well Im confused now! Gp sent me for an urgent ultrasound on my kidneys last night as I was in so much pain. I had the scan this morning and the kidneys werent inflamed or anything, My blood tests (they did them twice yesterday and today) were all 'perfect', and they did a urine dipstick (a digital one) twice yesterday, and they were both negative for infection. This was only after 3 doses of antibiotic. They said yesterday night that as I was so upset about taking the antibiotic tht I can stop it as it probably wasnt neededin the first place?! My GP(who diagnosed the infection on Thurs) only used a dipstick (strip one not the digital one) and the hosp said maybe it was a false reading, as I had bought the sample in from home and it could have been 'contaminated'??

So, Im confused what to do!!! Do I keep taking the course of the antibiotic or stop? Did I even have the infection in the first place? Would it have completely gone after just 3 doses? Bloody doctors they make me more confused! Stick feeling sick and pain in right side but not sure what it is - the drs at the hospital said it could be my adhesions or my endometriosis. I have no idea.

Charlotte

Annie0904
06-04-13, 20:21
I would stop taking the antibiotics if the hospital say you don't need them. The digital readings are much more reliable. At least you know now that your kidneys are fine. I hope you start to feel better soon. The sickness could just be anxiety :hugs::hugs::hugs: