PDA

View Full Version : 24hr urine cortisol test

RVP
06-04-13, 21:00
hey guys, i had to do another 24 urine test for cortisol and i don't remember if the doctor specifically said don't have coffee and do excercise..
But I started it this morning and went for a cycle in the afternoon..I know I shouldn't have just to be on the safe side as it could effect the results but does anyone know if it will? I'm not sure..

nomorepanic
06-04-13, 22:29
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

nomorepanic
06-04-13, 22:30
I was never given any do's and dont's when I did mine so not sure it matters to be honest

RVP
07-04-13, 15:45
It's okay :P I probably should have used my brain before posting :P
and thanks for your reply :)

clio51
07-04-13, 16:07
Hi when I had cortisol test, I had bloods taken ?
Is there a reason why your having a urine test?

nomorepanic
07-04-13, 16:30
They can see how much adrenalin is in the urine over 24 hours

RVP
07-04-13, 18:23
I have high BP which the doctors are trying to get to the bottom of, this is just one of those tests they wanted to do along with other scans ect.
I initially done 2 24hr tests one came back fine, the other was borderline high, so they asked for another to be done which is the one i just did.
I actually did one before this one which somehow got lost somewhere..
but yeah hopefully it comes back fine otherwise, they're going to inject synthetic cortisol and see if my body still produces it even with synthetic cortisol injected, hopefully it won't go that far :)