PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone recognise these weird symptoms?? :(

starlight78
06-04-13, 22:07
Hey all,

I've have felt so much better recently and then nasty ole panic attack had to rear it's ugly head, seemingly out of the blue. I've had anxiety most days, however have felt able to cope and it hasn't led on to a panic attack but today I was caught off guard.

I soooo wish I could verbalise the fear. I know the fear isn't health related, i don't think I am going to die. I don't fear hurting myself or others, I got my head around that anxiety a while ago. I just feel the most overwhelming terror, sense of doom and utter fear of everything! The world suddenly feels huge and strange and freaky. I briefly feel like I am seperate from everyone, as if I have some insight into this world that others don't (believe me I know this is nonsense when calm) I have crazy thoughts that my life feels so long and unbearable, as if I can't face feeling like this forever.
My feet tingle, my heart races and I feel myself burning up.

I try and remind myself that these crazy thoughts are part of anxiety and will pass, but they just feel so odd and unlike anything else I've read about anxiety.
Can anyone relate or am I beyond hope ;o)

Sendin huge hugs to you all. I hope you've had a good Easter x x

nomorepanic
06-04-13, 22:23
Hi

There is a good section on here that explains it:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms/

Bekzie
06-04-13, 22:27
Hi Starlight
sorry to hear you are feeling this way, you are right though the thoughts are just part of the anxiety you are suffering from.
Sending big hugs back :hugs:

starlight78
06-04-13, 22:29
Thanks Bekzie, bless you. X
Thanks Nicola as well. I know you've guided me to that section before and I was searching for it on here to read again to comfort myself. I have bookmarked it now for easy access x

Lilharry
09-04-13, 09:59
Yes, definitely felt that before. Hugs, it's horrible, but it does get better. I've largely managed to work through it and it doesn't bother me anymore. It's funny how anxiety changes as we go along and things that we hadn't thought of before suddently worry us, and vice versa. It's all a part of getting older and learning about ourselves. Not sure if this is something that would help you or not, but I found reading Buddhist quotes and what the Dalai Lama has to say to be really helpful for those sorts of feelings. If that's not your thing, then maybe you could find someone else you find inspirational and insightful to help you rationalise those fears and feel more secure within yourself.

aquitanian
11-04-13, 20:18
I completely 100% relate. It used to bother me that I would read in panic books that during a panic attack people fear that they are having a heart attack, that they are going to die, or that they will go crazy. I don't fear any of those things - I don't fear anything specific at all! I remember thinking that even my panic was messed up.

But now I realize that I'm not the only one who feels a "sense of impending doom" or just a overall fear. The world seeming huge and freaky is exactly it. When I'm in my panic all I know is I have to get out or SOMETHING will happen, even if I have no clue what.

starlight78
11-04-13, 20:23
Thank you again Aquatanian for your reassuring reply (you just replied to another thread of mine) It sounds like we experience several similar symptoms! X

aquitanian
11-04-13, 20:25
You're welcome :) Much as I'm sorry to hear you experiencing all these things, it is always reassuring to know that there's someone else out there and I am not alone in my experiences!!

starlight78
11-04-13, 21:27
You're definitely not alone :)

Thanks Lil Harry for your reply. I do find Buddhist literature and inspiration quotes really helpful x

suzy129
24-04-13, 19:01
i experience exactly the same symptoms and when a panic attack is ending and im rational i tell myself that next time i will handle it better but i never do x