PDA

View Full Version : Are you ever afraid of....

Tinker28
07-04-13, 04:27
How many of us after reading something we google about and it says, in the report so to speak, that its hard to diagnosis because you may think its something else. OK that's not very comforting for someone who lives with HA here! does anyone else feel the same way as me?

Tessar
07-04-13, 08:28
Actually I'm ok where HA is concerned, I did have more problems with it in perhaps my 20s (I'm in my late 40s now). Looking back I can appreciate why people would feel the way they do (particularly with all the information available online now - in my day it was a case of going to the library & looking it up in a book - or my trusted friend - a medical dictionary!!!).
My suggestion is..... (as I am sure others will probably say too) you need to stay off google and stop feeding the fear as it were. It isnt a case of being avoidant but really the more you focus on HA, the more you will notice things and of course be tempted to google.
Maybe HA is like an addiction.... I'd never thought of it that way before but I guess it's like tempting to look things up & then of course each time you do, you find more information about and more things to worry about.
Does that sort of make sense? Anyway NO GOOGLING....!!!!

Tinker28
07-04-13, 23:03
yes it makes sense, I know what you mean. I am currently not working right now and I have had a lot of free time so my HA is full force cause I have nothing better to do. I find my HA is really taking it's toll on me this time. I think yes it's addiction for sure! I know not to Google and I knew before I googled but I did it anyways and like many times before it left me feeling wrose then before. Google SUCKS for HA!

Thanks Tessar. your comment helped me out!

Tessar
08-04-13, 09:15
I'm glad that helped; seeing people's comments about HA has made me see that I did have plenty of worries when I was younger; fortunately I grew out of it!!