PDA

View Full Version : my fear is death how could exposure treatment work

trish1955
07-04-13, 10:47
i was just reading through the post and some one had wrote they not sure how exposure treatment would work for fear of death i to have thought about this how would they beable to exposue you to death i no its not buy seeing people who are dead as i ave had this fear since i was 12yrs old now 57 it as pretty much ruled my life most every day and yet i went to se my dad when he died my gran my uncle so i no its not seeing death in that way would help as its not other peoples death you are afraid of its your own so any one have any ideas how they would do this exposure take care all lv trish xx

starlight78
07-04-13, 12:24
I'm pretty sure that a good CBT therapist will have some ideas. They would get you to explore what your fear is, e.g pain, loss, uncertainty Etc.
I used to have this fear, I don't at all now but I'm not really sure how I got over it, i did have CBT though. I moved through to acceptance of it.

I would definitely try CBT!

trish1955
07-04-13, 15:58
i did have cbt 2yrs ago it did not help at all with my fear of death having said that she had to quit on me as my home life was to stressfull my son broke up from his partner and i had him and grandson for a while then he moved out and my daughter moved in last yr after splitting with her partner she to had her son my youngest grandson with her we been fighting a yr to get her a house wich she got a week ago but she still here she in no hurry to go and though i love her i need some time to my self to try and take on board some of the stuff i did learn in cbt and hopefully my home life may calm down enough for me to concentrate on my needs as i said not sure how the cbt will help with the fear of death i will post and let you all no how its going when as i say my life is calmer take care all trish xx