PDA

View Full Version : Cancer Worry

sparklex
07-04-13, 17:16
Hi Everyone I am posting on here as I feel as if I am going crazy and feel so alone as don't want to talk about it with friends or family. I am 38 weeks pregnant and terrified I have got a form of cancer as have a painless lump under my nose that you can also feel if you place finger in opening of nostil and press down it's been there for 3 weeks now. I went to the drs and he said he thinks it may be to do with pregnancy hormones and if still there a few weeks after baby is born to go back but the anxiety has taken over and instead of focusing on the baby being born soon i'm terrified I have something wrong. The dr ordered a full blood count on Thursday but worried on results as suffering with pregnancy related anemia and worry it may affect the results. I have no other symptoms other than a few blood spots on arms and stomach but they said thats common in pregnancy. I feel as if I am going crazy with the anxiety taking over and keep crying and googling my symptoms and it comes up with lukemia etc

cattia
07-04-13, 18:45
Hi there, I am sorry to hear how worried you are. Pregnancy is scary enough at the best of times but when you have anxiety it can really be tough. I am sure that it's something pregnancy related. Pregnancy affects your nose and sinuses a lot so it is probably just something that has become nflamed. Do you have nosebleeds? I had about three or four a week when I was pregnant and that irritated my nose a lot. I am quite sure that anything sinister would show up on your blood test and would be different from the pregnancy related anaemia. I know it's hard but try to focus on the final weeks of your pregnancy. I am sure you're going to be fine x