PDA

View Full Version : Transient pain in lymph nodes

Jonoh
07-04-13, 20:37
Hey guys.
So before I get into what's recently bothering me, I figured I'd give a little background info about myself. I'm a 20 year old male, and have now been struggling with health anxiety for over two years. I've literally bounced from illness to illness, desperately trying to find any form of diagnosis. Well, back at the start of November 2012, I developed a paralysing (and completely irrational) fear of having contracted HIV. The next three months waiting for the conclusivity of the 12 week test (which was negative, thank God), were the worst of my life. I was convinced I had the virus, and I went to a very dark place - one I don't wanna visit ever again.

This in fact forced me to finally seek help, and I have been attending cognitive behavioural therapy weekly since. I must say it has been helpful, but my therapist is away for a few weeks on holiday.

I've recently come down with a flu like illness which lasted about 24 hours, followed by bad diarrhea (sorry tmi, lol) for the next three days. Ever since, I've been having short lasting, migratory pain in my lymph nodes (which are still swollen) all over. To be honest, I guess I came here to vent, and ask the question: has anyone had this type of lymph node pain with anxiety?

Thanks if you anyone can reply :)

Jonoh
12-04-13, 17:36
No one? :(