PDA

View Full Version : Just Joined Today

EMMA
21-06-04, 11:16
Hi Everyone,

My name is Emma and I'm 32. I suffered from Anxiety, Panic Attacks and Depression when I was 29 and it lasted for about a year. I took Seroxat for about 6 months, went for private counselling and went on an Anxiety Management course. It all boiled down to the relationship I was in at the time as I was continually stressed through arguing. He was a pain in the backside to live with so I was always on edge and it took it's toll on me in the end. I left that relationship and met a wonderful man, got a new job and started a course at college studying towards a professional qualification.

Life has been great since then, up until recently when my symptoms have started to creep back. I have been under a lot of stress as I am been made redundant. I have been for numerous job interviews and now have a new job to start in July. I have had exams at college last week and I am also getting married at the end of July. Although these are all positive factors I feel that the stress of it all has caused me to burn out. I have constant tension headaches and have started to feel panicky and anxious again. Now that I know the signs I am determined to nip it in the bud but feel that I am on the verge of that slippery slope.

Sorry for the long waffle of my life history but I am hoping that I can find advice from you guys and also hoping that I can offer advice to anybody else.

Cheers
Emma

malc38
21-06-04, 11:39
Hi Emma,
Welcome, i just joined this site as well, there is a lot of good information to be found on here and everyone is really nice as well. Hope everything goes well for you in july.

take care
malc

EMMA
21-06-04, 11:49
Hi Malc,

Thank you for your welcome. It's reassuring to know that there are people in the same boat as me. :)

Cheers
Emma

sarah
21-06-04, 12:07
Hi Emma

Welcome to the site!!!
take a look at this link from the forum, there is loads of great info in there for taking steps on the road to recovery.

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Good luck with the Wedding and new Job (not surprising your panic has resurfaced - they are really stressful things to do arent they?) - Let us know how you get on!!

take care
love Sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

Meg
21-06-04, 12:35
Dear Emma,

Well done for getting over it so well last time and doing something positive to help yourself.

Congratulations on all your wonderful achievements and great time ahead of you.

I am sure this is just due to being a bit overwhelmed and you will be able to curtail it very quickly.

Any specific questions - post away and we'll try to help.

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

seh1980
21-06-04, 17:08
Hi Emma,

Welcome to the site!! I can understand that you are suffering from stress despite all the positive things that are happening in your life. My panic attacks started last summer after lots of positive things had happened to me. I had just finished uni and had done really well and had been accepted to do a Masters course. However, I guess the whole scenario had stressed me out so much and I hadn't even realised it. Well, do let us know how you get on.

Sarah (seh1980)

notts110
22-06-04, 07:40
hi emma,good luck with the wedding and new job

if you can't get over it,go around it,you still get where you want to be

EMMA
22-06-04, 08:03
Thank you for all your kind words of support. It sounds so silly that I should feel this way when happy times are ahead. I am mostly worried about feeling like this on my wedding day. I've been looking forward to it and been planning it for so long that I don't want anything to spoil it.

I'm taking Kalms tablets at the moment as they seem to be taking the edge off things. I'm going to Barcelona this weekend for my hen weekend with a group of friends. Now I'm normally not worried about travelling and love going abroad but I can't help but feel anxious about that too. I really want to enjoy myself but I'm worrying like mad about going. I feel I owe it to my friend as she has organised it. I feel like I'm under pressure to enjoy myself. I know it will probably work out fine but I can't seem to imagine it at the moment. Luckily though both my friend and sister-in-law have suffered from anxiety and panic attacks so that re-assures me a little.

Sorry for whittling on.

Have a good day everyone x

nomorepanic
28-06-04, 21:48
Hi emma

Welcome aboard - I am just catching up on posts as I was away last week so please bear with me whilst I read everything.

You will get loads of help her so welcome aboard.

Nicola