PDA

View Full Version : A cold again

Ats666
07-04-13, 23:13
I have a cold, my nose is blocked and I am sneezing a lot. I only had a cold 3 weeks ago and now another one. I know its just a cold so why do I think that it is something serious? I want my brain to work normally again, I am so sick of this :unsure:

Bekzie
07-04-13, 23:16
There are a lot of colds and bugs going around, my daughter was bad with a cold 2 weeks ago and now she has another :ohmy:
Just remember its only a cold and you are not alone :hugs:

footballking
07-04-13, 23:18
are your neck glands swollen?

sparkle_1979
08-04-13, 07:41
I've been ill for 6 weeks, cold, sick and then flu.... I'd be worried but all the family are ill

Ats666
08-04-13, 08:56
No my neck glands aren't swollen, my 2 year old started again with one on Friday so no doubt I have caught it off him, so why can't I accept that and stop thinking I am going to stop breathing. Just all getting on top of me still haven't started cbt, been waiting since November. Thanks for your replies xxx

Ats666
08-04-13, 16:19
I've just got back from seeing the duty gp. I have been getting pain in my upper right side of my back and the right side of my rib cage. I am a nervous wreck again. He said chest is clear, blood oxygen says are fine, Bp. was fine, pulse was high but that's not unusual for me. He said sometimes pain just happens, but if the pain gets worse just go to a&e, I told him I am on nights tonight at the hospital, so I feel he was just brushing me off. I am so fed up of feeling like this. At advice anyone because I'm at my wits end.mi hadn't seen this gp before I tried to explain to him how I feel but he just brushed me off. :weep:

mike2512
08-04-13, 17:10
I've been the same mate and I feel totally run down. I'm getting the ache in my back and right side aswel I've noticed it's a lot worse when I'm stressing and anxious like I am now. I've had this cold like feeling for 9 days now and it just won't go.

Ats666
08-04-13, 17:27
Thanks so much for your reply, as well as the anxiety I can feel myself slipping into depression as I am so tired and down with worrying about every ache and pain :hugs:

violet12
08-04-13, 17:47
Hi...just wanted to say you are not alone...i've been feeling exactly same. Started having hot sweats & shivers last week as well as aching back & muscle spasm. Its really worrying. Been to docs today......I dont have a temperature & my urine test was clear. Going back tomorrow to have bloods taken. I also have slipped into depression because of this HA. I do know from past experience that depression can make you feel physically awful. Add to that all the stress your body is under from the anxiety....!! I completely understand what you are going through. I reached the stage where my mind is so tired & run down from all the worrying & trying to diagnose everything, I can no longer see the wood for the trees!! Take care x

mike2512
08-04-13, 17:52
I feel exactly the same. I've been worrying for years on end. I feel totally depressed and life is just passing me by. I can't be bothered doing any of the things that I used to love ie Golf, snooker etc. I feel like I'm stuck under a black cloud. I'm tempted to start 10mg Amitripyline as I'm told it knocks you out and I feel like that's exactly what I need because I haven't had a proper nights sleep for as long as I can remember. Just wish my brain would shut down and have all the worrying thoughts stop.

jillyb
08-04-13, 19:40
Oh my goodness we are all the same!!! I too am exhausted with all this worrying and have been to the gp today (whom I normally avoid at all costs = avoidance) who didn't have time to talk or inspect my actual health problems (which are probably very minor, but very major to me!) and prescribed antidepressants (which I am not going to take as I have read the leaflet and am now even more terrified!). Will probably struggle on, like we all do, and hope the cbt works this time. Why can't we just have a cold and accept it for what it is, without catastrophysing all the time!!!!! It's exhausting! By the way, loads of my family have had cold, after cold, after cold .... we need some warm sunshine! Hope you feel better soon.

sparkle_1979
08-04-13, 19:43
Yes bring on summer. I a a cold, mucus in chest and convinced I had tyroid or lung cancer... Feel better after talking to doc. I hate hate hate HA x

Iced_diamond
09-04-13, 07:34
Hi there, I actually posted something similar to you a couple of months (maybe 6 weeks or so) back. I can promise you, you're not alone. Many people I know have been unable to shake off their colds and have had what seems like a 6 month cold. We have had quite a harsh winter with very cold temperatures and although this doesn't directly cause a cold, it makes us all less resistant. The trouble with colds is that there are 200 different types of virus which cause them. This means we can get one, it will clear up and a week later we can then be struck by another one! It is certainly a hassle and unpleasant, but the good news is, it will clear up. Lots of rest, lots of fluid-once this cold is over, I'm sure you'll find that's it for this year. Spring is on its way and it's about time too. Please try not to worry. You will be fine. :)

Ats666
10-04-13, 08:44
Thanks for all your replies I am just so sick and tired of worrying over the slightest twinge. Hope you all feel a bit better soon :hugs: