PDA

View Full Version : Worrying symtoms for 2 months now

djm
19-09-06, 16:58
Sorry, I have posted this in other forums too, didn't know which one I 'fitted' into !

-----

Hi

I am a 37 year old male. 5’6” slightly overweight.

For the last two months or so, I have been suffering from what I believe to be Peripheral neuropathy, though it comes and goes and limits to 'Pins and Needles', no numbness. It is quite usual to have it in both feet and sometimes both little fingers (though sometimes just in my left hand. Sometimes indeed I get it in my left hand/forearm and nowhere else.

For the same sort of period, I have had a mild ringing in my ears too, though this varies.

I am a long term heavy drinker / smoker and fear that it maybe a side effect that I have read about.

I also think I have a slight 'ache' (rather than a pain) in my right hand side, just below the rib-cage (in the area of the liver). So obviously I am worrying myself sick about that.

I regularly stay up late and night and am probably sleep deficient.

I suffer from ‘night sweats’ and sweat profusely in the day, when others don’t even ‘glow’.

I also, however, have a history of anxiety and have previously been on SSRI meds.

How common is Peripheral Neuropathy ?

I know what I should do is abstain from drinking and smoking and change my sleep routine, but this is a lot to do in one go. I have tried for a few days here and there, but the symptoms do not seem to ease and I think withdrawl symptoms of my other vices start to kick in.

IF I am going to have a ‘symptom’ day, these symptoms are something that are there from the moment I awake, they don’t come on gradually as I ‘think about them’. I can have a run of a few days with no symptoms at all.

One thing I will say, is that the symptoms have got no worse in the 2 or so months. Am I right to take some solace from this, in that if it was something serious, it would have got worse and not stayed the same ?

I am too scared to go to my doctor, for what they might find and the extra anxiety I know that will bring on for fear of all the tests they will send me form (not to mention waiting for the results and fearing the worst).

Anyone experienced any of these symptoms, long term ?

Dave

Wannabeloved85
19-09-06, 17:04
Dave, everyone takes a look around in all categories, so you'll get some response somewhere, i think admin will proberbly delete some of your posts and just have one. dont worry, ppl come on at differant so you will get more replies soon.
Becci x

vanadium
20-09-06, 00:45
all these symptoms could be anxiety and worry, but as you're saying yourself you're lifestyle is a bit skewed. Either way I would go see a doctor. Tell him exactly this and maybe you can work out a diet or give you a workout program.

Either way it's important to have full health checkups starting around 30, so it's a god excuse if you're embarrassed.

Good luck, and I'm sure there's nothing wrong.

manmoor
20-09-06, 09:49
Hi Dave,

A big warm welcome to you. I can relate to some of your symptoms so your not alone. I suffer from health anxiety and tend to go overboard and diagnose myself constantly with various cancers. Pm me if you want to chat.

Take Care

Mandyxx

april tones
21-09-06, 00:11
Hello!!!

I was like you and thought alsorts!! turned out i had fibromyalgia
I did think this but worried about pn and ms!
xxx

fibrochat) http://apriltones.proboards54.com

-FReaK-
25-09-06, 22:31
Dave

Get yourself to the doctors mate, just to rule out the possibility that it could be something other than anxiety. You're only going to worry about it anyway. Best to get these things nipped in the bud early.