PDA

View Full Version : The help of stillness for anxiety

Linzi29
08-04-13, 12:24
I understand exactly what you are all going through and its so hard to get past the continuous feeling of anxiety no matter what you do, I am a sufferer of anxiety and am still learning but one thing tht has helped me start to peel back the layers of anxiety is stillness, I know it sounds odd, how can u be still if your a bag of nerves? But it helps, first thing to do is to either sit up or lay down, close ur eyes and firstly breathe through your nose counting 4 making sure u feel ur tummy rise and out through the mouth counting 6, keep repeating this and then think of anything that causes ur anxiety, whether it be a person a situation and focus on it but dont make any judgement, stay still and carry on breathing, then after a few minutes come away and focus on ur breathing, how it sounds, the steady flow, if you continue to practice this daily your body will not instantly create a negative reaction to particular thoughts or situations as you have faced them and have applied a calming response, stillness is about no reaction, no judgement, no question, the more u practice the stronger you will become, I hope this helps you as it has helped me along the way.