PDA

View Full Version : Overwhelming anxiety, can't cope

jillyb
08-04-13, 16:10
I am so overwhelmed with anxiety I don't know what to do. It's been building up and up and for the past 3 months I have been on 10 out of 10 on the anxiety scale except for maybe a day or two. The lastest is a sinus problem that won't resolve and now piles (well, I think so) that haven't gone after a week of anusol hc. I am going to the doctors later and freaking out - I have taken two diazepman today but they are not doing anything. I am petrified of anything medical and can't even take the dog to the vets now, such is my phobia. How am I ever going to get over this? I am now so depressed with feeling like this - this constant fear. I am starting cbt again soon but I could get a Phd in cbt but it goes out of the window when I am out of control. Please help..

Bekzie
08-04-13, 16:30
Hi Jilly
Explain it all to your doctor, there maybe something else they can do or something they can recommend.
Try and keep calm things will get better :hugs:

footballking
08-04-13, 17:24
I am so overwhelmed with anxiety I don't know what to do. It's been building up and up and for the past 3 months I have been on 10 out of 10 on the anxiety scale except for maybe a day or two. The lastest is a sinus problem that won't resolve and now piles (well, I think so) that haven't gone after a week of anusol hc. I am going to the doctors later and freaking out - I have taken two diazepman today but they are not doing anything. I am petrified of anything medical and can't even take the dog to the vets now, such is my phobia. How am I ever going to get over this? I am now so depressed with feeling like this - this constant fear. I am starting cbt again soon but I could get a Phd in cbt but it goes out of the window when I am out of control. Please help..

What dose have you taken of diazepam?, I am the same for the past 3 months.

Let me know, as I too am feeling overwhelmed and just wondering on what does you are on?

Thanks.

jillyb
08-04-13, 18:37
Thought I'd just replied to this but it seems to have disappeared.. Doctor was too busy to check my piles and sinus (it was an emergency appt) and has prescribed anti-depressants - mirtazapine. Just read the people who shouldn't take it (I don't know, I might have one of the problems listed) and the side effects so I don't think I can take it. I am petrified of drugs and their side effects but my husband says I have to take it (he was in the doctors with me) or else! Think I am going to pretend and just take the odd diazepam and try not worrying and getting so anxious. Wish me luck!

Pcdaft
10-04-13, 20:20
I feel for you but you woont be Abel to keep up the prétence for ever? Cracks Will start to show take are ?x:hugs: