PDA

View Full Version : So Worried... half asleep?

ItWillPass
08-04-13, 17:00
Hello, I am having a horrible feeling right now. I have never felt it before, so of course I am panicking. I promised myself that before I totally freak out I would come here and check in. I KNOW I have anxiety/panic disorder... Basically today I feel like I have not fully woken up. Its not just tired, tired I feel daily. Its almost like I feel like I am in a quasi dream state. The closest thing to it is when I wake up in the middle of the night to do things for my kids... Its like im doing things, but I am half awake. MY head feels kinda fuzzy and I just feel a little lethargic. The only problem is, it is like 11am here... not the middle of the night. Does this happen to anyone else? :weep:

carmen1993
08-04-13, 17:37
I feel like that right now but also a kind of detached feeling too, it's so horrible :(

venusbluejeans
08-04-13, 17:54
have a search on here for derealisation or depersonalisation

Depersonalization, Derealization, Feeling of unreality (taken from the NMP articles)

What you feel:

Now for the Brain , the limbic system in the brain instigates this whole response and is responsible too for our emotions and behaviour One of the body symptoms that people hate most is the one when you feel all foggy, surreal, woozy or spacey. You may either feel that you are not real or that the earth is not real and you're a time warp away. These are often the hardest symptoms to understand and its very common to deduce that you must be going mad which makes you panic even more. This is completely untrue and you are very safe.
You feel like you are not a part of what is going on, or that you feel like you are in a dream state or 'out of touch with things'. Also, things around you may seem like they are shimmering, foggy, hazy or too bright.