PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help to reassure I'm alright? >.<

XxSilentEyes13xX
08-04-13, 20:18
I've had problems with anxiety, panic attacks, heart palpitations and tachycardia for a while now, so this isn't quite new.

I've spent the past few hours in and out of sleep (I was trying to take a nap to relax because I didn't feel well) and trying to stave off a panic attack.

Since this morning I felt a little nauseated, almost dizzy and shaky, and just quite awful. Ate lunch, then went to the library to work. I couldn't focus because I felt so ill, so I went back to my room to try and lay down a while (already feeling panicky).

For a few hours now I've been having the weirdest pains in my gut and chest that seem to come in waves. When they come I feel slightly dizzy, but that comes and passes too. I feel very anxious and shaky, my muscles feel weak but also sore, and I've had some bathroom issues (to be polite about it) for a little while.

When these waves come it would pull me out of sleep, and my heart would speed up and pound because I was nervous. It slowed when I started drifting back to sleep, but these waves of pain and dizziness just kept coming for hours while I was trying to sleep.

Now I'm mostly still feeling quite a weird feeling in my chest. Can anyone relate, or assure me that I'm alright??? >.<

(I've seen a cardiologist and had all the work done, no problems seen, though I worry anyway.)

Bekzie
08-04-13, 20:33
Hi Silenteyes,
You have had all the checks done and there were no problems so it all points to your anxiety. I have days where I feel tired, sick, dizzy, achy, shaky chest pains all down to my anxiety. Try and stay calm, it will pass :hugs:

XxSilentEyes13xX
08-04-13, 20:50
Thanks very much, I'm sure you can understand even the slightest bit of relation or assurance helps xDD

It just seems that when I get hit with sickness or pain, I get hit!!!! Not always easy.

Bekzie
08-04-13, 20:54
I do understand, its not easy at all. Even the slightest pit of sickness or pain I assume the worst, which in turn makes me feel worse! You are not alone :hugs:

Lilharry
08-04-13, 23:49
I've been having similar symptoms on and off. Yesterday I had an appointment to see my counsellor and I felt like I was going to die beforehand - terrible stomach pains, felt nauseous, shakey, weak, really hungry, but couldn't eat. After my counselling session, I felt a lot better - a lot of the physical feelings had abated. I still didn't feel completely normal, but a lot better. I don't know if it was just coincidence, but I think the mind can do all sorts of things to your body. I find it so hard to believe that it is just anxiety, but seeing my counsellor really did seem to help, so maybe it is brought on by my state of mind. I don't have the answers, but if you've been checked out and you're healthy, your state of mind could have something to do with the way you're feeling. Taking a look at your diet and how much you exercise is helpful too. Anything you can do to make you feel more positive and is good for you will help.