PDA

View Full Version : was on that road to recovery..

nic x
08-04-13, 21:33
hi again all, iv not been on here in a while, well couple years or so, iv been doing so well, back to work, doing everyday things easily etc, been quite happy with myself and life in general, untill few weeks ago ( about 6 ) it all started whilst eating, it felt like i had lump in throat, couldnt swallow. all those nasty feelings came flooding back and i had a panic attack! but i dealt with it, well thought i had, now its every time i eat i have this fear of choking, its totally getting me down! iv no appetite, constantly checking my throat etc, i know really its just another symptom and anxeitys testing me again,but still so terrifing. but out of all the sympts and sensations i used to have i never had this one. some one please tell me on there road to recovery they had setbacks that frightend them. im determined not to go back to the way i was :weep:

Bekzie
08-04-13, 21:44
Hi Nic,
Your right it is just your anxiety playing you up, it probably surfaced again due to never having the lump in throat symptom before.
I was doing well too, about 2 years of managing my anxiety very well, but after an attack a few weeks ago I felt as if I was back to square one again, I feel better and better every day now, you will too! You have beat this before and will do it again :hugs:

nic x
08-04-13, 21:50
i hope so bekzie, its awful feeling like this! glad your feeling better and hopefully i will to, damn anx! x

Bekzie
08-04-13, 21:59
It is awful Nic, I'm sure you will get over this soon! we will beat it :)
x