PDA

View Full Version : Worried about Holiday Drinking

JonnyWoolven
08-04-13, 23:52
Just a quick one, it's just something that's playing on my mind, I'm 17 years old and have suffered from anxiety for over a year and a half now, I saw CBT around a year ago and I seemed to be cured but I stopped seeing him and I feel back to square one but I'm managing and have an appointment with him.
Anyway, I'm going on holiday in June on a lads holiday to Zante where I will be drinking a lot of alcohol and after alcohol I get serious panic attacks and anxiety and I'm in Zante for 11 nights and scared I won't be able to manage it, any sort of help would be great cheers Jonny :) X

Lilharry
09-04-13, 00:23
Well, I think you already know the answer - try not to drink! Just pace yourself and drink non alcoholic drinks instead. If you don't want your friends to know you're not drinking there are heaps of tricks. Buy non alcoholic drinks that look alcoholic. If you are having an alcoholic, just sip on it. Set yourself a limit of something you can handle - maybe 2 or 3 alcoholic drinks of the course of a night. You don't have to get drunk or drink heaps. Alcohol is a major cause of anxiety and it's so bad for you. Just be sensible and take care of yourself. You know this, so put it into action. Also make sure you eat heaps and drink a lot of water.