PDA

View Full Version : Help!

mikeyprice1
19-09-06, 23:10
Hi all,
i am a 28 yo, who has had ocd since being a young child,
from 16 years on,i started getting terrible intrusive thoughts that i was going to harm loved ones and children,running alongside these thoughts is the worry that im developing schizophrenia and that i'm going to hear voices....recently this thought has become a bigger deal and is causing more anxiety than the actual intrusive thought.
I just seem hypersensitive to noise and think im going to hear voices any second.to make it worse , in the past week im almost sure that i've been hearing whispering when ive got the tv on or theres background noise-but when i mute the tv or sit quietly,i hear nothing.
Is this worry just part of the ocd?or could i be developing something worse? I'm really scared and my ocd is really bad at moment. Also,im very tired and feel light headed , and as if my 'head is full' all the time and cant take much more thinking-is this normal?

mprice

polly daydream
20-09-06, 19:00
Hi, I think you need to speak to your dr about this, maybe think about going on meds for a while, have you had CBT at all to deal with your ocd?

Polly

Two heads
20-09-06, 20:59
Hi there!
Go and see your doc sweet.It may be that you are feeling stressed deep down inside and this is your body and brains way of dealing with it.
sometimes when we worry about whats happening to us we become even more sensative to our bodys and minds,if that makes any sense.
Ocd is more common than people like to think.I myself as a child suffered very bad ocd,so i known how it can take over ones life sweet.As an adult im ok,the odd time maybe it trys to creep back into my life ,but i fight it off!
The stress of all the worrying about what is happening to you is i expect making you feel light headed and tired.
The doc maybe able to offer you some CBT,even meds may help?
Take carexxxxxx

mikeyprice1
20-09-06, 21:39
Thanks both-seen doc today,he assures me that i am not going mad and that i just have very bad ocd and have pretty much worked myself up so much that it has had this really negative effect.
He has reffered me for cbt,which i cant wait to do and hopefully it will work. Also he offered me meds,but it scares me senseless because of the side effects and the fact that it may get worse before it gets better.I dont know how it can get worse and if it does i will be really bad! Anyway,here goes,another night of fast heartbeats and worry to come-hope i wake when its light!

mprice

Two heads
20-09-06, 23:30
Hi !
You will be fine hun.My heart beats fast all the time.
If it helps i have been on meds since march and they really help me.I had a bad few weeks with heighted anxiety but they are worth it in the end.You feel ok by week three and even better by week four.Maybe give them ago?
Let us known how the CBT goes sweet!
Take carexxxxxxx