PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram and libido

Liviguy
09-04-13, 11:38
I am currently into my fourth week on Citalopram and was reluctant to take it due to the loss of libido issues many experience.

I am having the reverse effect. Honestly, I'm like a raging hormone at the moment. My wife is loving it as I have always had a low sex drive (probably due to my anxiety) but now I'm trying it on at every given opportunity.

Hoping it lasts and that anyone else worrying about it can get reassurance that the loss of libido doesn't affect everyone :yesyes:

joelhall
11-04-13, 15:07
I had some problems at first but they settled after a few months. Although I do have a very peculiar symptom which has the doctors puzzled - since taking citalopram my penis has shrunk. Not a major amount, but around an inch or so. If I forget to take my tablets for around two days it goes back to normal. Not an especially worrying thing of course, but I cannot find any reason except maybe autonomic nervous system becoming a little 'lazy' on citalopram. It only affects it when erect.

smbljb
11-04-13, 16:04
I had anorgasmia on Citalopram after some really bad sexual problems at the height of my troubles. It's strange how it can make you feel better when everything is going ok in that department.