PDA

View Full Version : back from gps

spottitchsam
09-04-13, 12:28
Hi guys been to the gp this morning and he is more than pleased with the way I'm handling my anxiety.he has said that the way I'm going I will be cutting out one of my pregabalin pills,so I will only be taking 1 x25mg a day.I also expressed my concern over the holiday next month.he said by then I should have seen my cbt person 4 times and that should help.I was also told to take some diazepam with me.
Got my first appointment with the cbt in just over half a hour.hope I will be ok,my hubby said I should try and not get upset.my answer to that was if I put on a brave face to try and hide how I'm feeling they will not get a true me.I'm going to tell them as much as I can about my past abuse.have a good day to each and everyone.x

Bekzie
09-04-13, 12:33
Glad your GP'S appointment went well, that is really encouraging for you :)
good luck with your CBT be as honest as you can, you will be fine :hugs:

Annie0904
09-04-13, 12:37
Good luck with your cbt Jean and tell them everything. xx

Tufty
09-04-13, 13:48
Thinking of you Jean,
CBT, especially the first one where your want to tell them about everything, can be very tiring and make you feel a bit strange to begin with. I know I initially felt elated and much better but then quiet and thoughtful as I start going over things we'd discussed and questioning it all. But as the weeks go by it does get easier, so please take extra good care of yourself - lots of rest, relaxation and pampering if you can.
Sam

spottitchsam
09-04-13, 15:25
Glad your GP'S appointment went well, that is really encouraging for you :)
good luck with your CBT be as honest as you can, you will be fine :hugs:

Thanks Bekzie,just got back from cbt and it went really well.one problem is the lady I saw can't take me on as she has only got 7weeks left before she leaves.that's when her baby is due.she will pass me over to a lovely gentleman who I will see all the way through the 12 weeks I will be going.x

---------- Post added at 15:15 ---------- Previous post was at 15:09 ----------

Good luck with your cbt Jean and tell them everything. xx

Thanks Annie just got back.she said that my problems go back as far as when my abuse started.the time I was shut in the wardrobe is why I have fear of lifts,and why I have a fan going 24/7 is so I can feel the air.she also said that I have to be in control of whatever the situation is,if not that when my anxiety takes over.x

---------- Post added at 15:25 ---------- Previous post was at 15:15 ----------

Thinking of you Jean,
CBT, especially the first one where your want to tell them about everything, can be very tiring and make you feel a bit strange to begin with. I know I initially felt elated and much better but then quiet and thoughtful as I start going over things we'd discussed and questioning it all. But as the weeks go by it does get easier, so please take extra good care of yourself - lots of rest, relaxation and pampering if you can.
Sam

Tufty thank you,after 1hour of talking non stop does take it out of you.lol did not think I could last that long.she read me like a book she knows her job.I hope that the person who will be taking over from her next week is just as nice.she said it will be about 12 weeks has its been over 52 years of anxiety couped up.x

Magic
09-04-13, 15:26
ALL THE BEST TO YOU Spotti:hugs:A holiday will be something to look forward to xx

spottitchsam
09-04-13, 15:31
ALL THE BEST TO YOU Spotti:hugs:A holiday will be something to look forward to xx

Thanks Magic,after having 4/5 sessions before my holiday might help me cope while I'm away.x