PDA

View Full Version : Uneven back muscle.

flatterycat
09-04-13, 17:29
Hi

I am really struggling with HA anxiety at the moment, in particular the fear that I have kidney cancer. I have been examining my body a lot and last night I discovered an area on my back which looks more prominent than the other.

Basically i have found that the muscles that runs down either side of my spine are different. My right side is more prominent. I am terrified its a tumour making my back swell. I have seen two docs, but they said there was nothing of concern. One even said its because I am right handed and muscles will often be bigger on the dominant side. I keep checking it and have even resorted to bending over in front of the mirror and looking between my legs! When I do this I can see a raised hump on my right side.

All I can think is that it is because I have kidney cancer and it is pushing this area out.

Please can someone help me to rationalise this I am very scared.

Sarah x

---------- Post added at 17:29 ---------- Previous post was at 13:59 ----------

Does this all sound mad:wacko:

violet12
09-04-13, 19:01
Hi Sarah,
Please try not to worry about this. I have the same. The muscle on the right side is more pronounced than the one on the left. Also going by personal experience I do know this is one of the first muscles to tense up when you are anxious so you will quickly become aware of it. I'm going through same at mo!
Carole x

flatterycat
09-04-13, 19:40
Oh thank you for relying Carole, it means a lot.
Sorry to hear you are going through the same - hideous isn't it.

Sarah x