PDA

View Full Version : New and glad of support

Vickey
20-09-06, 10:20
Hi
My name is Vickey and I've just registered here, although I have been reading posts for about a fortnight now - how comforting to find people that think exactly as you do, just like any other illness we all have similar thoughts, like similar symptoms of a cold!
Anyway, I'm 24 and 4 years ago had a nervous breakdown. I now suffer with GAD and panic, although this usually manifests itself in health (mainly) or social anxiety and agoraphobia.
I have been taking anti-depressants since I first got ill - I was on citalopram then I was switched to Effexor 2 years ago. I have really struggled to come off meds - i always seem to relapse very quickly. I was lucky when I first got ill that I received counselling every week for a year whilst I was at university - but it mainly dealt with the reasons i got ill in the first place. In the past three years since entering the real world(!) post university - i have just been told to increase my medication - no support apart from pills from the Doctor! So I found this site - Ive been feeling for a long time that I wont get better on medication alone - it does stabilise me a little but I'm still very far off being totally well. I came to this site for support, to establish that my thoughts and feelings were part of my illness - that I am not alone like I think.
I also came here for advice and experiences on different therapies and coping techniques.
Anyway, Ive talked too much so I'll sign off - I look forward to chatting with you on this forum and hope that my experiences may help some of you just like i hope to benefit from yours

Thanks,
Luv Vickey x :D

Happiness is a journey - not a destination

Incii
20-09-06, 10:32
Hi Vicky
welcome to NMP :) it's a great site with very friendly people who know what you're going through, they will help all they can be assured of that.

Love Sharon x

hayles
20-09-06, 10:36
Hi Vicki.

Welcome aboard.

Hope you get the results you are after.

Keep smiling

Hay x

polly daydream
20-09-06, 10:55
Hi Vickey and welcome to the forum, you will get plenty of support here.

Best wishes,

Polly

susie
20-09-06, 11:09
hi vicky and a big welcome .there are great people here who will help and support you its a great site .i myself have had 2 breakdowns and have been on meds most of my life ,this site has helped me so much as im sure it will you take care suexx

yorkylover
20-09-06, 13:28
Hi Vicky,you will make good friends here and will get loads of support.;)

Ellen XX

Piglet
20-09-06, 13:33
A very big welcome to you :D:D:D

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

libbie
20-09-06, 14:46
hi, your far from being alone here. when you feel down, try the chat room, its nice to chat to someone who knows what its like.

take care
libbie

manmoor
20-09-06, 15:08
Hi Vickey,

A big warm welcome to you. Everyone here is friendly and very helpful.

Take Care

Mandyxx

surreylady
20-09-06, 15:53
Hi Vickey,

Welcome to NMP. This site is full of useful info and wonderful people. Hope you find it helps as much as I do.

mandy xxx

positive attitude brings positive results

matilda
20-09-06, 18:20
Hi Vickey and welcome you will get lots of support here!!!

flutterby
20-09-06, 18:28
Hi Vickey

Welcome, hope you find this site helpful. PM me if you want to chat

Flutterby xx

honeybee3939
20-09-06, 18:53
Hi Vicky

A BIG warm welcome to you !

love

Andrea
xxx

Granny Primark
20-09-06, 18:57
Welcome vicky,
so glad youve found this site. Im sure it will help you so much.

Take care
LYNN xx

juju
20-09-06, 20:27
hi vickey,
welcome to the forum, i too have been told i have gad, a little bit of panic, the meds are a tool but not a cure, dont you agree, gad is crap cos its a little bit of it all really isnt it, i seem to swap from one worry to another, and its all out of proportion. sometimes the physical feelings from the worring are that strong that it lifts me off my feet-lol.
i think im getting better at coping though, you find your own level i think, although it doesnt always work.
take care
pm anytime
julie

we are all stronger people after having this

trac67
21-09-06, 00:27
Hi Vickey,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

mad_shell66
21-09-06, 08:37
hiya vickey,

a big warm welcome to you!

im sure you will find this site as a real great help to you,

take care

speak soon

shell xx:D

Vickey
22-09-06, 10:52
Thank you all for such a warm welcome
Look forward to chatting to you all
Vix
:)

Happiness is a journey - not a destination

nomorepanic
23-09-06, 15:11
Hi and welcome aboard.

Lovely to see you here and hope you get some great support.

Nicola