PDA

View Full Version : Hi my intro

SneakyPandaUK
09-04-13, 18:26
Hi I'm new to this, I'm JT I have anxiety and sleeping problems, I take propranolol, mirtazapine,amitriptyline,melatonin, donormyl,trazadone and recently just been prescribed pregabalin by a neurologist. I currently see a CPN for other issues.Glad to have found this site:)

hanj16
09-04-13, 20:40
Hey SneakyPanda :)

Welcome to the site! I'm sure you'll find it of great benefit to you. Its already been a brilliant source of support to me in the short time I've been on here.

Hannah

Bekzie
09-04-13, 20:43
Hi sneaky panda :welcome:

SneakyPandaUK
09-04-13, 20:52
Hi Hannah and Bekzie, thanks for your replies:blush:

hanj16
09-04-13, 21:10
You're welcome!

Hope you've had a positive day :)

SneakyPandaUK
09-04-13, 23:16
Has anyone been prescribed pregabalin just for insomnia? I've been given 150mg to help me sleep on a night, as I only sleep for 2 hrs, but it does nothing, is the dose too low?

Mark13
09-04-13, 23:27
I've been on pregabalin for 4 months, but for anxiety, just coming off it now (coming down fast from 600mg a day).

Never heard of it being prescribed for insomnia, that's certainly an off-label use.

AFAIK it's only licensed for GAD, epilepsy and nerve pain.

That said, drowsiness is supposed to be a side effect, and anything that helps calm you could help with sleep I suppose.

I have chronic insomnia, a good night for me is another man's awful night :)

I wake around 10-15 times a night but if I'm not sleepy during the day I'm happy.

Mirtazapine 15mg is the only thing (apart from dosulepin in the past) that has helped me sleep regularly.

Hope the pregabalin works for you.

I don't wish to sound flippant (because it's not meant that way) but the amount of drugs you are on could cause their own sleep problems. That many drugs seem counter-productive to me considering almost all can cause insomnia, but I'm sure your GP knows best.

SneakyPandaUK
10-04-13, 11:17
Hi Mark thanks for the reply, my GP refused at first to prescribe it, the neurologist rang her, and the next day a prescription was ready for me to collect, I wasn't told when I should be taking them either, so I rang my GP, the receptionist said she would not talk to me as it was not her decision to prescribe them in the first place.