PDA

View Full Version : HA can just go and p*** off!!!!

Ribbit
09-04-13, 20:38
Aaaargh!!! I'm so fed up with health anxiety!!!!

Okay, so I know my ticker is fine and dandy and I'm doing my level best to move forward with this info. I'm having bad stomach problems (which I'm not panicking about YAY!) and I've pretty much been ill since Christmas - which I'm also not panicking about so I think I'm making really, really good progress.... then I get stabbing pains in my calf and I instantly think blood clot!!! Arrrgh!!!

So I've figured out my HA is really only related to things that could kill me instantly like heart problems and clots etc...

I feel totally p***ed off about this.

I mean, I'm rational and smart - I know this is all bloody ridiculous and I am fine but still the doubts are there. I. Have. Had. Enough.

Does anybody genuinely get better and stay better?!? I mean, I see so many posts (including 1 from me) from people who thought they had it licked but then end up at square one again. I cannot even begin to think about having this worry all of my life. It's hard enough having lived with it for so many years. So much time wasted about worrying about sweet FA.

Sorry about the rant. I'm thoroughly, thoroughly fed up.:wall:

Coppernob
10-04-13, 10:11
Hi Ribbit

I am going through a bad patch of HA at present - but it's really more General than just Health related. But I know it will get better because ...

I had a very bad patch of health anxiety in the early 80s which I think was triggered after my mother died (78 and had a heart attack). It wasn't heart related anxiety, but I got to the point where I was so scared to do normal self-examination of my breasts I had to go to the GP once a month for him to do it! I suppose I had cancerphobia.

I went onto lofepramine and was referred for Group therapy, and it all worked. I came off the drugs, got through months of group therapy and ended up totally normal. And stayed that way for many years. Had a little blip after being diagnosed with ulcerative colitis, but got over that and had another 15 years of being pretty well normal, with no more anxiety than anyone else.

So yes, you can get better and I am positive I will this time too.

Good luck :)

Ribbit
11-04-13, 21:33
Thanks Coppernob. It's nice to know you can go for long periods of mental wellness, but it still lurks though doesn't it :( Wish I could flick a switch and turn it off.

Hope you break through this latest episode quickly x

sparkle_1979
11-04-13, 21:42
You know I don't think ill ever not worry :(