PDA

View Full Version : Coles Notes of Me

aquitanian
10-04-13, 15:44
I'm 28, and have had panic/anxiety since I was 9. Despite some half-hearted attempts at seeing child psychologists, I didn't really start constructively addressing my panic until age 23. Since then I feel I am on a long slow path of progress. I have good times and bad, but always bounce back and keep going. :)

In the last few years I have overcome fear of driving, and am starting to reconstruct my social life. I still panic if I am out past midnight, and one of my goals is to be able to go to the cabin with my friends this summer. A longer-term goal is to get on a plane again, and to be able to travel.

I deal with weird panic attacks that come and go sometimes, and though I feel I have some setbacks I know I am handling things much better than a few years ago.

I have a wonderful, supportive husband, who has seen me at my worst and still loves me. I can't lay all my worries on him, though, and I am looking for a support group for those down times and when I need someone to talk to.

It is amazing to see everyone's experiences and to know I am not alone. I used to feel broken and weak, but over the past 5 years I have come to realize that this is just a part of life for many of us.

Irie.

hanj16
10-04-13, 16:20
Hi Irie,

Welcome to the site, I'm sure you'll find that it provides you with lots of support. There is a great little community on here! You have a really positive attitude and I'm sure that you'll be able to go with your friends to the cabin this summer and build up to go on a plane and travel :).

I'm 23 and it's only now that I have started addressing my problems. Its great that you have a supportive husband, it really makes all the difference having someone that understands.

Hannah :)