PDA

View Full Version : How do I manage pregnancy, agoraphobia and the school run?

kirsty74
10-04-13, 17:04
I am 25+3 weeks pregnant and agoraphobic. The pregnancy seems to have increased my anxiety so much I am finding it near on impossible to leave the house at all.
My son, who is 5, is due back to school on Tuesday following the Easter holiday and I have no idea how I am getting him there or picking him up. I feel so shaky and anxious and sick all the time and I don't know what to do. My husband works long hours so he can't do it and I have no family here or anyone I can ask to do it. Although, if I'm honest, I WANT to be able to do it. I feel stupid enough already without not being able to get 7 minutes (yes, that's all it is!!) down the road.

It has got so bad that I asked the jobcentre what would happen if my husband gave up work to look after me, but they said that we most likely wouldn't be able to claim anything for up to 26 weeks because he would have left his job. I felt about an inch tall when talking to her because she kept saying 'oh, you can't do that, it's best to have a job. Can't you just get on' even after I had explained the difficulty in even getting to the corner shop 30 seconds away. Of course this is not a route I want to take, but at the moment I feel desperate.

Anyway, my question is, has anyone got any tips as to how I can manage...when all I really want to do is bury my head under the duvet and cry. Thank you.

bab
10-04-13, 17:21
Hi Kirsty.. this could be me wrtiting this.
I am always so anxious with health anxiety and panic. I also panic at the school run and at the gates . I always try and avoid going. Ive now found out im pregnant with my 3rd and am panicking about school run too, to the point where i now want my boys to get the bus home. I think we just have to keep going and challenging ourselves and believe me i know its not easy. i try and avoid most things but i know its not helpful to do this. I totally get where you sre coming from and unless you suffer no one can really understand. I park in mcdonalds 2 seconds from schol and sometimes wonder how i can walk from mcdonalds to the school gate. I dont know if i can help, but i do understand
x

kirsty74
10-04-13, 17:37
Hey Bab,

Thank you for your reply. Although I wouldn't wish this on anyone, it is nice to know that I am not alone. Congratulations on your pregnancy!! This is my 3rd too...and last!! We haven't even got back to school yet and I am counting down the days to the June half term x