PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram ! Thoughts help

lostlucy
10-04-13, 18:33
Hi everyone ,

Basically I have been on citalipram 10mg for about 8 months and feel like I'm well enough to come off them now.

I kept forgetting to take them somedays ? And then did like a few days on then a few days off And now I've gone nearly a week without them , I didn't discuss this with my doctor , although she advised me to come off them last time I saw her ,

I'm worried that something might happen was I supposed to get given 5mg or something ? I'm scared I'm going to have some kind of seizure ?

Be good to hear about your experiences !
Desperately !

Thanks everyone ! Xxx

Luckyduck
10-04-13, 21:41
10mg is a very low dose.
Im not sure if they go down to 5mg.

Not saying that its a good thing to do not consulting your doctor. But my mum weened herself off citlopram and she was fine.
If your doctor thinks you should come off them and you feel you want to im sure you will be fine.

:)

JaneC
10-04-13, 21:46
Lucy, if you've gone a week without them and haven't noticed any withdrawal effects you should be fine to just not take them again. I've stopped 20mg Prozac with no tapering before and nothing happened. Not everybody needs to taper. And your chances of having a seizure after coming off a small dose of cit are probably zero x

lostlucy
10-04-13, 22:18
Thanks so much guys xxxx

Linzi29
10-04-13, 23:08
Hiya lost lucy,

I was on a higher dose than 10mg of citalopram for quite a while and I seemed to come off them ok, 10mg is a very low dose, I actually think its the lowest dose u can get of it, so I think u will be ok :)