PDA

View Full Version : Ended up in emergency GP today....looked like a fool, again.

Dan21
10-04-13, 19:23
Leaving work today I feel a 'pop' at the back of my head and a tingle across my left shoulder/arm. Immediately and undeniably convinced myself I was having a TIA. Practically broke down in a state of utter panic and ended up at the emergency GPs.

Told him I thought it was a TIA and ended up blubing about my constant anxiety.

He said it was almost certainly a muscular symptom, probably brought on by the anxiety. Measured my BP and heart rate, both fine and told to be on my way and wait for my CBT referral.

Feel simply awful.

---------- Post added at 19:23 ---------- Previous post was at 19:20 ----------

I'm already beginning to think, what if it was an aneurism and he has missed it?

Munchlet
10-04-13, 20:17
I wouldn't be too hard on yourself, I think most people can relate to that feeling when you have a symptom or find something and the anxiety kicks in and before you know it you are heading off to the nearest doctor or A&E dept.

I know I've done it in the past, just be reassured that the doctor isn't concerned :D

Dan21
11-04-13, 08:28
My head muscles are so tender today but I just can't stop thinking that the doctor might have missed something. Woke up panicking again, which was a couple of hours ago and now I feel all wooly and spaced out again. I'm absolutely terrified I'm going to have a stroke...