PDA

View Full Version : Am I safe to dye my hair now.

almamatters
10-04-13, 20:51
Hi I have had a problem for about a year now with hair dye. I am scared to dye my hair in case of allergic reactions, I have been dyeing my hair for 12 years with no problems whatsoever, but have now developed this fear.
I brought a dye and did the allergy test all seems ok, I have now put a small amount on my scalp , left it for 20 mins and rinsed it off, so far no reaction. I am ok to dye the rest of it, I am still worried even after the dozens of allergy tests I have done. Thanks .

bab
10-04-13, 21:12
Alma I think you need to bite the bullet as I think you are answering your own question now. You must challenge this fear as you are most certainly not allergic after all these tests. I know how you feel as I have health anxiety and im good at not practicing what I preach but the evidence is there to say you will be more than ok x

illgetthere
10-04-13, 22:29
I did the same thing last week Ive dyed my hair all my life but last week after putting the hair dye on I started thinking about the what ifs whst if I have an allergic reaction and die but I didn't do its ok your not the only one just the anxiety talking x

Lilharry
10-04-13, 23:54
Yes, you will be safe - you would have reacted by now. Just remember, very few people have serious reactions anyway - hardly anyone has ever died from it. If you did start to react, you'd just rinse it off then go to the doctor or A&E and you'd be fine.

almamatters
11-04-13, 06:19
Thanks all, I need to get over this fear so much, it is becoming an obsession with me. I was fine until I read an article last year and that was it, I am starting off with a wash in wash out one and then progress onto a semi permanent hopefully. :hugs:

Magic
11-04-13, 08:29
You will be ok almamatters. I did a hair dye about 3weeks ago. I was worried because I have the most sensitive skin ever.I had no reaction.
Good Luck x

panickyme
11-04-13, 12:32
Sounds like you are good to go now, you did the skin test, and I think you would of noticed something. UGH....the price we pay for beauty. Just think of how beautiful you will look, when you are all done. Oh my, if I didn't have that hair dye, I think I would scare myself when I looked in the mirror with how bad I would look. Let me know if you did it. :hugs:

almamatters
13-04-13, 08:55
Thanks all - I want to have to try this weekend. I am still worrying terribly though, I need my husband to be here when I try though in case I start to panic, . I have no idea why this has got such a strong hold of me, I have never had issues in the past with hair dye, it's just stupid HA trying to trick me yet again!! :flowers: